thanks for the banishment

Bucky Goldstein

Post by Bucky Goldstein »

Thinker wrote:i agree with you Japh...however, i do think that this was a bit different than a normal trolling. This guy has been known to do this type of stuff on other boards, stirring up shit until he gets banned. People were trying not to respond, but he kept doing his insult thing.

He came here (or resumed posting here) attacking Saratoga Jay, then moved to dcarter, Fen, Shuck, Sticky...hell, he even repeatedly called TinyElvis out and he actually made an appearance after a 6 month hiatus. How much of that was going to slip by the mystery mod that monitors this board?
when did i attack fen? please show me when this happened. also, please tell me where i've been banned from before. i've gone to other boards only when people came to the one i posted at and messed around. only one i can think of is the oklahoma atheist ezboard. i got banned there, along with about 5 other people. also, where are my repeated call outs of te before he came back? that wasn't me. i did it when he came back.

you're making things up.

Haggischomper

Post by Haggischomper »

Sticky wrote:Here's how I see it:

Don't call people fascists off the cuff.
Is "terrorists" okay? I see it bandied about a lot here.

Haggischomper

Post by Haggischomper »

[quote="Sticky]
The troll textbook uses "Nazi". Do I need to upgrade?[/quote]

Try H for Hypocrite first.

If yer gonna ban Bucky, then there are a few other more-than-worthy candidates out there also.

Bucky Goldstein

Post by Bucky Goldstein »

guess they only banned the one work IP. i'm sure my home one, where i'm posting now, will be banned by tomorrow. whatever.

to address a few things:

i do concede that this is jay's board, his money pays the bills. if someone he trusts made that call to ban me, no biggie. if my home ip is to get banned, that's cool. i don't agree with it and think it's terribly hypocritical, but those are the breaks. i won't mind. i started this thread because i knew people would disagree with the banning(i also knew just as many would agree). it wasn't to whine or brag. just like my post on the other board wasn't to brag, i was just letting them know. sticky, you knwo the mod of that board through postcard and via chicago. she even posted here. i can assure you that she won't be banning any of the classy folks from this board that have threatened me. but again, that board isn't paid for by a musician. we paid for it ourselves.

sticky, you calling out haggischomper for using the word fascist is pure garbage. you'll never met a better guy in your life. just because someone uses the word 'nazi' or 'fascist' does not mean they're some idiot troll. just because someone made a webpage outlining what trolls tend to do doesn't mean they're right. you're a flat out reactionary jerk for saying that to him, just like i was a prick to sj, shuck and te. at least i admit it.

stratoman, yes, i went to the badger/gopher game. uw lost 5-4 but scored 3 goals in an unreal 3rd period after being down 5-1. easily one of the greatest games(in any sport) that i've ever attended and i've been going to uw football/hockey/b-ball games for a long time. just got home and i'm drained. nothing better than live hockey. sucks they lost, but the goofers earned it.

linwood, sticky was being facetious. i'm 6'3" 200 if you must know.

thinker. i've insulted sj, shuck, te and sticky. i guess i insulted you too. that's most of the posters? again, reactionary nonsense.
Last edited by Bucky Goldstein on Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thinker

Post by Thinker »

i agree with you Japh...however, i do think that this was a bit different than a normal trolling. This guy has been known to do this type of stuff on other boards, stirring up shit until he gets banned. People were trying not to respond, but he kept doing his insult thing.

He came here (or resumed posting here) attacking Saratoga Jay, then moved to dcarter, Fen, Shuck, Sticky...hell, he even repeatedly called TinyElvis out and he actually made an appearance after a 6 month hiatus. How much of that was going to slip by the mystery mod that monitors this board?

Post by Sticky »

Here's how I see it:

Don't call people fascists off the cuff.

(Insert "Nazi" for textbook approval.)

japhyryder

Post by japhyryder »

here's how i see it:

it is those of you who argue with the board "terrorists" that keep them coming back. if you want it to stop...don't reply to non-sense...and don't have a "greater than thou" attitude about it, you're part of the problem too.

Post by Sticky »

Haggischomper wrote:Did this really happen? This is pathetic. What a fucking ridiculous thing to happen and I hope the powers that be are suitably ashamed of themselves.

Shameful. America? Let Freedom ring? Land of the free? Yer having a fucking laugh, fascists.

Adios.
The troll textbook uses "Nazi". Do I need to upgrade?

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Boring Enormous - Paul Westerberg

Haggischomper

Post by Haggischomper »

Did this really happen? This is pathetic. What a fucking ridiculous thing to happen and I hope the powers that be are suitably ashamed of themselves.

Shameful. America? Let Freedom ring? Land of the free? Yer having a fucking laugh, fascists.

Adios.

dEvRoNiKa

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

Sticky, First off ... I'm not a "regular woman", let’s just get that straight right NOW.
:wink:
Secondly, I can't help that I like a nice cup of chamomile tea, sometimes sleepytime tea or peppermint; extracted from store-bought teabags, if I don’t have my handy tea-ball.
Why that makes your pants tight, I have no idea.
Weirdo.

But seriously folks … There is a difference between "free speech" and allowing message board terrorism. This place is communal, educational and entertaining. There are random flare-ups which are expected, but straight intentional sabotage isn't fair to anyone here at all. Running off people like Brian and Mark is beyond unfortunate. It's a disservice to Jay, for one. It's shameful. They are assets to this place, making it more fun and interactive, and enriching. That is completely RARE for a message-board.

I don’t think it’s necessary to make every post or comment “all music all the time”; but it wouldn’t hurt to all act our age a bit when it comes to thoughtlessly posting. I am guilty of this stuff too, I’m incredibly random and have a horribly foul mouth and probably need a good spanking for it. I’ll go 10 miles out of my way for a laugh, even if it’s disgustingly inappropriate or self-deprecating. Most all of us have become so comfortable with each other’s personalities, that we sort of use this place as a soundboard for randomness.

I, for one, promise to do my best to better conduct myself. I’m not saying that to be cheeky. It’s a matter of respect and of being considerate to other people who may JUST be here to read about music-specific topics.

Now I'm just rambling ...

Post by Sticky »

I'm sure there are others, but from PMs I try and see both sides. Some of that stuff is hilarious. Some, not too much. Hell, Dev and I had a pretty racey teabag discussion. It made my pants tight. But I also look at a couple other things:

1) Are Jay's friends posting. Brian, Mark, John, etc. This was the impetus for Bucky's thread about renaming the place.

2) Are the regular women posting? Everybody complains there aren't any women at Son Volt shows. All the STL shows are staggering. We have Dev and highlandcreek. All the other's have left.

3) Are the other regulars posting? Not too many and this is the biggest beef folk's have.

I dunno.

trousersnakeandlarry

Post by trousersnakeandlarry »

Theres no trouble Sticky. I was just sayin what I felt, and I am sure there are more peeps out there that disagree. Thing is, I am here for what Jay did in Tupelo and Son Volt 1, because that meant and will always mean something to me. Trace is my Nevermind. I havent liked anything as much as those first 3 Volt albums....but again that is all in taste. Perhaps Jay has matured and my tastes havent. But he does leave fans feeling isolated from him, unlike other artists that give fans something new to chew every so often. I have re-thought the profanity thing, and I think I will stop posting racy comments and teh nasty stuff now. As for why I am here.....well, I came as a troll and made friends. And I would be sore as hell if I couldnt post here.

stratoman

Post by stratoman »

trousersnakeandlarry wrote:
Sticky wrote:
japhyryder wrote:fuckin' fascists

"Daddy, why are all your fans so mean?"
"Mom, what's cocksnot?"
"Daddy, why are you a fuckin' fascist?"

Either that or block them from their Dad's website. Nice.

"Mommy, why can't I go on Daddy's website?"
Yeah I said cocksnot. Cocksnot cocksnot cocksnot.
Isn't cocksnot a small Welsh village?

Long Slow Fade

Post by Long Slow Fade »

So this Bucky guy shows up and shits up the message board, gets banned, and people start screaming "FUCK CENSORSHIP"?

That's retarded. The admin(s) have a resposibility to get rid of trolls. It isn't like people are calling for Bucky's arrest. He's just a shitty poster that the board would be better off without.