thanks for the banishment

Post by Sticky »

Just send Sharon an email requesting it. She's the only one who can do it.

Haggischomper

Post by Haggischomper »

Oscar Gamble wrote:
twitcher73 wrote:
calexico wrote:Let's just say yes and leave this whole sorry situation behind.
All I'm saying is that it should be interesting to see who goes missing... many aliases from a single user will be blocked.

Besides, I'm a tech guy (err, used to be) - I like network stuff. ;)
the bucky goldstein account has been banned.
Can you ban mine too then, please? Thanks.

Oscar Gamble

Post by Oscar Gamble »

twitcher73 wrote:
All I'm saying is that it should be interesting to see who goes missing... many aliases from a single user will be blocked.

the bucky goldstein account has been banned.

calexico

Post by calexico »

twitcher73 wrote:

See the post above yours. Tech guy...pshh...get out in the sun!

twitcher73

Post by twitcher73 »

calexico

Post by calexico »

Let's just say yes and leave this whole sorry situation behind.

twitcher73

Post by twitcher73 »

So - I'm confused... when someone gets banned, does this mean that their IP addy is blocked for accessing the server?

Bucky Goldstein

Post by Bucky Goldstein »

Threatening
nobody has ever been threatened here that i've seen. let's not exaggerate things. there's too much of that going on.

twitcher73

Post by twitcher73 »

japhyryder wrote:
twitcher73 wrote:
japhyryder wrote:
Hank Snow wrote:No opinion on any of this except to say that "freedom of speech" would only apply if this were a publicly owned taxpayer supported site on publicly owned taxpayer supported servers.

You can go into the town square and yell and scream and say whatever you want with freedom of speech. You cannot go onto someone's private property, a business or home and take over their kitchen or tv or bathroom and say and do whatever you want.

This site belongs to whoever pays the bills, we are just visitors and are as such must abide by their rules. I agree with Twitch though, some guidelines/rules should be posted.
leave it to the liberals to want more governmental/authoritative control...bullshit! long live the libertarians!!!!

I disagree... this is not publically owned. This is privately owned, and the owner has every right to govern as they see fit. To me, that is truer libertarianism - like Hank said, this is not a publically owned forum paid for by the taxpayers. It is owned by an individual paying for and maintaining the servers. It is a private investment and thus the person fronting the money has every right to govern as they see fit. Reminds me of the old addage from Fast Times... "No shirt, no shoes... no dice!" Is that a violation of rights? For a private owner to refuse service to someone not complying with thet standards they have set for their business. How about restaurants that have a total non-smoking policy (in states that don't already have a law like that)? Should they be sued because they are "infringing" on people's right to smoke? If anything, I would say the law is wrong - and the business owner should be allowed to decide if they want to vacilitate smokers... private property, private ownership, right to govern as they see fit...
right on brother...but i see no rules posted by those who flip the bill so why are some of the "users" imposing arbitrary rules that suit themselves?...that's what is not right
Yup - exactly... and I think that perhaps there should be guidelines posted which spell out what you could get tossed for.

Been thinking a lot about Libertarianism lately... if Carla Howell decides to run for president on the Lib ticket, she's getting my vote...

bigdieseltrucker

Post by bigdieseltrucker »

I've been traveling and on the move and came home to see this. I logged on while in Houston and saw the jug thread and, although I like them and everything, this isn't really the place for that. You do owe something to the people who pay the bills. I can see both sides of the argument, but what's done is done. Move on, and enjoy the music and common interest we have in 'all that is Farrara'. Nobody says you can't have another window open with your choice of scenery. Personally, I think I prefer Tift anyway, after seeing ACL last night. :wink:

japhyryder

Post by japhyryder »

twitcher73 wrote:
japhyryder wrote:
Hank Snow wrote:No opinion on any of this except to say that "freedom of speech" would only apply if this were a publicly owned taxpayer supported site on publicly owned taxpayer supported servers.

You can go into the town square and yell and scream and say whatever you want with freedom of speech. You cannot go onto someone's private property, a business or home and take over their kitchen or tv or bathroom and say and do whatever you want.

This site belongs to whoever pays the bills, we are just visitors and are as such must abide by their rules. I agree with Twitch though, some guidelines/rules should be posted.
leave it to the liberals to want more governmental/authoritative control...bullshit! long live the libertarians!!!!

I disagree... this is not publically owned. This is privately owned, and the owner has every right to govern as they see fit. To me, that is truer libertarianism - like Hank said, this is not a publically owned forum paid for by the taxpayers. It is owned by an individual paying for and maintaining the servers. It is a private investment and thus the person fronting the money has every right to govern as they see fit. Reminds me of the old addage from Fast Times... "No shirt, no shoes... no dice!" Is that a violation of rights? For a private owner to refuse service to someone not complying with thet standards they have set for their business. How about restaurants that have a total non-smoking policy (in states that don't already have a law like that)? Should they be sued because they are "infringing" on people's right to smoke? If anything, I would say the law is wrong - and the business owner should be allowed to decide if they want to vacilitate smokers... private property, private ownership, right to govern as they see fit...
right on brother...but i see no rules posted by those who flip the bill so why are some of the "users" imposing arbitrary rules that suit themselves?...that's what is not right

darell

Post by darell »

blackseacityman wrote:Hey Darell, I miss your old Avatar.
which one? i forget what i had.

blackseacityman

Post by blackseacityman »

Hey Darell, I miss your old Avatar.

darell

Post by darell »

gdavis5446 wrote:
darell wrote:i'd like to speak for several of us when i say:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
No way. This is better than the Real World. Wait, I hate that show.
:)

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

darell wrote:i'd like to speak for several of us when i say:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
No way. This is better than the Real World. Wait, I hate that show.