St. Pete and Going Out in Tally on Tuesday

Talus

Post by Talus »

They didn't play "Drown," "Straightface," or "Going Down" in Tallahassee. Played "Baby Blue" instead. Luckily, he played 'Meth."

As in It's all Over Now?

gdavis5446

Re: St. Pete and Going Out in Tally on Tuesday

Post by gdavis5446 »

Grifterwithafunnylittleha wrote:Son Volt played 28 songs in a St. Petersburg courtyard. Holy crap! I have a MD full. Sounds good on headphones, too. My boss recently gave me feedback re commas, and I thought, "Dood, I have a M.A."

'Tis the first time I've arrived on the board after so long ...

I've recordings of Jay, Canyon, and Spencer in Brooklyn (THE only problem is I bought the unit the weekend of the show, and I didn't punch the mic all the way in ... at least I got one channel and doubled-down) and Jay/Spencer in Tallahassee--Beta Bar ... seen 'em there twice ...

Dang, twice I've come back from hiking and he's put out a record ... any thru-hikers out there? I've seen at least one post. Somehow I'll get "Still be Around/Love You To" out there ...

I realized last Saturday that I've been going to see and hear this music for ten years. Shit, Wilco is coming to the Moon in Tallahassee! What's this town coming to? Some kind of UT parade?

They didn't play "Drown," "Straightface," or "Going Down" in Tallahassee. Played "Baby Blue" instead. Luckily, he played 'Meth."

The main problem is time. Maybe I should just see it as a hurdle, or a challenge.

I left the 't' off my stupid screen name, and then I went to try and get Mango Rabbit, but the system got me down ...

Ben
Been awhile since I've been to the Moon in Tallahassee. It's gotta be one of the smaller venues Wilco's played in recent years.

Grifterwithafunnylittleha

Post by Grifterwithafunnylittleha »

Nope, but I've read of it. I'm stuck here in Florida for now. Working an IT job and waiting out the economics. I'll be creative later. Er, now.

Ben

Lawrence Fan

Re: St. Pete and Going Out in Tally on Tuesday

Post by Lawrence Fan »

Grifterwithafunnylittleha wrote:Dang, twice I've come back from hiking and he's put out a record ... any thru-hikers out there? I've seen at least one post.
Ever hike any of the Ozark Mountain Trail? It's not the Appalachian Trail, but it's got a pretty good 33 mile section. They're working on a 220 mile thru section, might even be open by now. This is all southern Missouri, by the way. Someday I'd like to hit the Appalachian Trail, and the Ozark Highland Trail in northern Arknsas.

They didn't play "Chickamauga" in Tallahassee either (luckily I have it on MD from St. Pete. Some may think I'm a joker). Jay did the head shake and a whisper to Brad Rice (really, really, he's on tour with them; I had no idea when I drove down to St. Pete until speaking to the fella behind the sound board [I can't use state resources to surf the world wide web because I'm a consultant so I had no idea BR was on tour]--he spilled the beans) and then the guitar tech did the "draw the index finger across the neck" signal.

The show ended, but you know as soon as Son Volt does a cover the deed is done anyway.

Ben

St. Pete and Going Out in Tally on Tuesday

Son Volt played 28 songs in a St. Petersburg courtyard. Holy crap! I have a MD full. Sounds good on headphones, too. My boss recently gave me feedback re commas, and I thought, "Dood, I have a M.A."

'Tis the first time I've arrived on the board after so long ...

I've recordings of Jay, Canyon, and Spencer in Brooklyn (THE only problem is I bought the unit the weekend of the show, and I didn't punch the mic all the way in ... at least I got one channel and doubled-down) and Jay/Spencer in Tallahassee--Beta Bar ... seen 'em there twice ...

Dang, twice I've come back from hiking and he's put out a record ... any thru-hikers out there? I've seen at least one post. Somehow I'll get "Still be Around/Love You To" out there ...

I realized last Saturday that I've been going to see and hear this music for ten years. Shit, Wilco is coming to the Moon in Tallahassee! What's this town coming to? Some kind of UT parade?

The main problem is time. Maybe I should just see it as a hurdle, or a challenge.

I left the 't' off my stupid screen name, and then I went to try and get Mango Rabbit, but the system got me down ...

Ben