Super Bowl Block Pools

calexico

Post by calexico »

Hmm....twats...mentions of twats and name calling consisting of twats...and no sign of teh Tierney?

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

Twat? speak up i can't hear you. :?

trousersnakeandlarry

Post by trousersnakeandlarry »

saratoga jay wrote:
Haggischomper wrote:Just because you are too dumb and have too short of an attention span to appreciate the Beautiful Game does not mean it is shite. Twat.
yeah, whatever you say. Twat.
Who you callin Twat, Twat?

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

Haggischomper wrote:Just because you are too dumb and have too short of an attention span to appreciate the Beautiful Game does not mean it is shite. Twat.
yeah, whatever you say. Twat.

Haggischomper

Post by Haggischomper »

Just because you are too dumb and have too short of an attention span to appreciate the Beautiful Game does not mean it is shite. Twat.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

calexico wrote:Thanks for the explanation there Jay and I think the slightly disguised dig at football fans .... :?
i'm sorry Cal. :oops:

it was supposed to be a dig at soccer, not soccer fans.

don't take it too seriously...

calexico

Post by calexico »

Thanks for the explanation there Jay and I think the slightly disguised dig at football fans .... :?

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

Rolling Stones by 12

Talus

Post by Talus »

:lol:

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

sorry Cal, it is pretty much an American thing for the Super Bowl.

you start with a blank 10x10 squared board and people taking part randomly write their name into these blank spaces. you have a total of 100 blocks, for 100 number combinations. after the board is totally filled with participating names, one team (Seattle) is written down the side and the other team across the top (Pittsburgh).

whoever is running the pool then randomly pulls numbers 0-9 out of a bag, hat, box or whatever and places these numbers down each row, then repeats the process 0-9 across each column. this gives you a number combination for each team in each block.

to win, you take the score at the end of each quarter and the find the name in that square for a winner. example, the score at the end of the 1st quarter could be Steelers 13 Seahawks 7. look at the 7 of the Seahawks row and the 3 of the Steelers column and the name in that block wins the quarter. :D

good numbers in this would include 0, 7, 3 and maybe 4, 6 and 1.

i know with you being a soccer fan it might be hard to understand. but i guess soccer fans could do this on a smaller, more boring scale. just have a 3 row, 3 column block sheet. randomly number each 0, 1 and 2 for your typical soccer game. :wink:

i would imagine the ideal numbers for a soccer block pool would be 0 and 0, and perhaps even 1 and 0. if you get a 2 you've pretty much wasted your money, but you never know... :?

calexico

Post by calexico »

I have absolutely no idea what you just said but good wishes seem in order. Or not.

saratoga jay

Super Bowl Block Pools

Post by saratoga jay »

anybody else in one? how are your numbers? i'm just in a $5 pool (6 blocks) with a 100/100/100/200 $ payout. i have some shitty and decent numbers.

Seattle/Pittsburgh
9------------8
2------------5
4------------1
7------------4
0------------4
9------------9

good luck if you're also i one.
Last edited by saratoga jay on Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.