Vacation Bound .Part II

keith21

Post by keith21 »

Take a day to drive down to Half Moon Bay and then up into the mountains near Woodside, Ca. Home of Neil Young and one of the most beautiful places on earth. I really love the bay area and wish I could get up there more often (more than once a year for the Bridge School Benefit shows).

peainthepod

Post by peainthepod »

dEvRoNiKa wrote: And The Slanted Door has about the best Vietnamese food EVER (and I've had a lot of vietnamese food!), but you'd better make reservations NOW.
It's delicious.
right on target w/SLanted Door
if you get there early for lunch
you can grab a seat at the bar w/no waiting
the local city paper has a Thurs section about weekend activities
http://www.sfgate.com/96hours/
& if you are into wine
Sonoma County is the place to be
Dry Creek Valley in Healdsburg
home of Unti Syrah

pea

farewellangelina

Post by farewellangelina »

If you're into crepés, go here :

Ti Couz
3108 16th St
San Francisco, CA 94103-3328
(415) 252-7373
Cross Street: Valencia Street

I think it was the original crepérie in SF, started the craze. It's in the Mission. Very popular restaurant.

dEvRoNiKa

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

I have family there, so we've been many times. I love SF. Golden Gate park is pretty; Monterey Bay Aquarium is TOPS if you're up for a little drive. There are lots of cool things to do there. We drove around a lot and went to do things in San Jose (about 45-ish minutes from SF). Alcatraz is touristy, but fun - I rather enjoyed it. Marin County, right across the GGB has delicious seafood, pretty sight-seeing all around there. You can't go wrong with a trip to San Fran.

And The Slanted Door has about the best Vietnamese food EVER (and I've had a lot of vietnamese food!), but you'd better make reservations NOW.
It's delicious.

nw12us3

Post by nw12us3 »

i'm currently on vacation in tucson.

hot burrito

Vacation Bound .Part II

Post by hot burrito »

I started a topic a while back about trying to find a good vacation spot. We finally picked San Francisco. Going in March. Anyone here been to SF? I talked to a few people on the board who had some good ideas. More ideas needed though. Any help on places to eat, drink, go, drive, see, walk, and anything else would be great.