Wherabouts in South County?

loosestring

Post by loosestring »

Is it really? I never realized that. So I guess that means I was in South St. Louis City...??? Anywho, that's where I lived for a short amount of time; on South Grand. Very cool area to live. :wink:

Mayor Slay

Post by Mayor Slay »

Wow, must have been a long block considering the county line is about a mile south of Carondelet Park...

loosestring

Post by loosestring »

crapper wrote:lets not get too carried away.... KEEP HIS ADDRESS and general area of residence private for crap sake...
Yeah good idea... BTW, I lived a block away from Carondelet Park when I was in South County!

crapper

Post by crapper »

lets not get too carried away.... KEEP HIS ADDRESS and general area of residence private for crap sake...

Post by Guest »

A stones throw from carondolet park,i believe.

loosestring

Post by loosestring »

About a year ago, Jay Farrar, late of Uncle Tupelo and Son Volt and now a solo artist, decided to move his recording studio, Jajouka, from its former location in Millstadt to Dogtown, in part to avoid clashes with conventional commuters.
Yeah my sister and her husband used to live around there.

criminals

Post by criminals »

It said in the Post-Dispatch article that Jay moved his studio from Millstadt, IL to the Dogtown neighborhood in St. Louis. That is roughly across Highway 40 from the Zoo if you know where that is, or west of the old Arena which is now torn down.

Dan

SmokeBeatsWater

Post by SmokeBeatsWater »

He & his family live in a very nice South CITY neighborhood.
The relatively new location of his studio was mentioned in one of the articles posted in a different thread...

Wherabouts in South County?

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know wherabouts Jay lives and whereabouts is his studio is at in South County?
I used to live in that area of St. Louis