Indy Show 10/23/03

tillotson505

Post by tillotson505 »

Birdy's is at the corner of 71st and Keystone. I think it's a fairly new venue, but don't hold me to that. The place appears to hold about 500 or so - mainly standing, but there is seating in a small balcony. All in all, not too bad of a place to watch a show, and as I mentioned before, the sound was great.

Come on - somebody tell me they taped the show.

ChiDavid78

Post by ChiDavid78 »

Where in Indy was the venue? I only recall the Vogue being a decent place for some live shows.

tillotson505

Indy Show 10/23/03

Post by tillotson505 »

Holy shit can Jay rock!!

This is the third time I've seen the man (first with Son Volt in Columbus and then with Mark Spencer in Cleveland) and was by far and away the best of the three - hands down. The set was as has been listed in other posts for the most part (even though, I don't recall the third song of the set - just before Canyon joined Jay on stage - any help?). The sound at Birdies was one of the best systems I've heard - don't know why, but you could really hear everything perfectly.

All in all a great great time and Lucifer Sam at the end was just too much (and shame on those that did not pick that song up, old school Floyd - required listening). Talked to some of the Canyon guys after the show and they just chuckled when I asked if Jay was going to pay us a visit. Probably for the best considering that I was feeling the affects of the long night by then.

My understanding is that our west coast friends should be getting some happy news after Jay returns from Europe.

Anyone tape this show - I have nothing to offer as in a trade - but I would be enternally grateful. And maybe I could ship a case of beer to you.