JSpill

Post by JSpill »

Maybe delete the files you downloaded and start all over? It sounds like it's a problem with the files in that torrent and not dBpowerAMP.

loosestring

Post by loosestring »

Yeah I installed it. I downloaded some other flac's on another torrent and they converted just fine. Oh well. Thanks for the aid.

JSpill

Post by JSpill »

loosestring wrote:I downloaded the dBpowerAMP converter and the flac codec, yet when I try to convert one of these files I get the error message that the
"codec required to decompress ... could not be opened."

Any ideas why I'm getting that?
OK, I'll ask a dumb question...Did you install the FLAC codec? It's been a while since I set everything up on mine, but I'm pretty sure that you have to install the codec. That message usually only pops up when you don't have the proper codec installed, like if you try to open SHN files but only have a FLAC codec installed.

I don't know what else to tell you. Maybe you should try downloading a different converter if dBpowerAMP doesn't want to cooperate. I hope you get it working.

loosestring

Post by loosestring »

I downloaded the dBpowerAMP converter and the flac codec, yet when I try to convert one of these files I get the error message that the
"codec required to decompress ... could not be opened."

Any ideas why I'm getting that?

loosestring

Post by loosestring »

Thanks a lot JSpill. I appreciate it.

JSpill

Post by JSpill »

loose_string wrote:I'm new to bit torrent stuff. I got azereus yesterday just for this show and I downloaded it successfully, but how do I get it into itunes? Is that what THE OTHER "loose string" is talking about?
Yeah, that's what he's talking about. You downloaded files in FLAC format. You have to convert them to WAV format to burn them to an audio CD. dbpoweramp is one application you can use to convert FLAC to WAV. You can convert the files to other formats, such as MP3, to burn to an audio CD, but please don't distribute the MP3s to others. Only do this for personal use, like putting the files on your iPod. Only distribute the lossless FLAC files to other people.

I hope that gets you pointed in the right direction.

loose_string

Post by loose_string »

I'm new to bit torrent stuff. I got azereus yesterday just for this show and I downloaded it successfully, but how do I get it into itunes? Is that what THE OTHER "loose string" is talking about?

JSpill

Post by JSpill »

loosestring wrote:What's a good, free, flac > mp3 (or wma) converter that will not come with any adware, spyware, etc.???
I had one a while back on a different computer, but that computer got reformatted and I didn't think to get it before hand...
www.dbpoweramp.com

Try this one.

By the way, cloudsconspire...thank you for the recording.

loosestring

Post by loosestring »

What's a good, free, flac > mp3 (or wma) converter that will not come with any adware, spyware, etc.???
I had one a while back on a different computer, but that computer got reformatted and I didn't think to get it before hand...

trousersnakeandlarry

Post by trousersnakeandlarry »

Damn! So good it cleared up my anal warts.

drpyurz49

Post by drpyurz49 »

Thanks in advance, I will be going home at lunch to start downloading this.

ct

Post by ct »

Thanks! :D

seger_and_priest

Post by seger_and_priest »

hell yeah. praise to you.

cloudsconspire

Post by cloudsconspire »