Robert Plant said...

badmofaux

Post by badmofaux »

All of this makes we wonder how things will be when my generation gets old... meaning, will we all jump the shark in the same drastic fashion as the baby boomers and the 1970's crop did? That whole old school of rock and roll is so hopelessly out of step. Will this happen all over again? I'd like to think not. The old mentality was so, like, grandiose and arrogant. I'd like to think that was their downfall, not the inevitable effect of ageism.

ericdb_1

Post by ericdb_1 »

He says basically the same thing in the current issue of Mojo. Plant is discussing what he's up to, where he's playing, etc. & mentions being on the same bill as Jay & how much he really likes him.

It's funny 'cause that's the one thing in the article that my wife pointed out when she read it, knowing what a fan of Jay's I am.

Page Plant Son Volt

Post by Guest »

Howdy

I don't remember the exact quote but I once saw an interview on MTV with Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were they said they liked Son Volt alot.

Anyone remember this?

Mike

Long Slow Fade

Post by Long Slow Fade »

Funny how someone whose vocal delivery couldn't be more different from Jay's is a fan. Right on.

Krauty

Robert Plant said...

Post by Krauty »

...in an interview in the german "musikexpress" magazin that he currently loves to listen to Calexico (and that made my mind!) , Jay Farrar and The Hives. Amen.