trousersnakeandlarry

Post by trousersnakeandlarry »

blackseacityman wrote:Image
bastard!

damn you!

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Gamecock wrote:
O-town_Reb wrote:I've always really enjoyed Ryan Adams and would love to see a collaboration with Jay on a song or two. Those are two of the great voices in music today.

And on the Ryan Adams debate, anything from his Whiskeytown days is fantastic. Heartbreaker was outstanding. Demolition had some great songs, and I really enjoyed Love Is Hell, though most people hated it. I've really had trouble enjoying any of his work since then. But without a doubt, he is a world-class songwriter.
If you really wanna delve into the great genius of RA, you need to own all his unreleased albums also. He's got about a million different cd's that can't be bought in a record store.

I love:
Gold
HeartBreaker
Cold Roses
JCN

I like:
Demolition

I don't care much for:
Rock N Roll
Love is Hell

You need to get his other stuff, if you don't have it yet...

Fucker Demos(parts 1 & 2)
Forever Valentine
B Sides and Rarities
Fools Gold(gold outakes)
Destroyer(with Gillian Welch)
48hrs
The Suicide Handbook is an unreleased album between Heartbreaker and Gold that is fantastic. Hit me up if you want a copy. It's a must own for any Adams' fan.

blackseacityman

Post by blackseacityman »

trousersnakeandlarry

DeanMoriarty wrote:thank God this board has finally gone shit-talking again.

i've been holding on a while hoping it would return.

So fuck Tiny Elvis
And fuck the rest of you too!!

You all suck in my opinion. I'm only here for the Sticky Free-Bees.
When did this become a lame DeanMoriarty rant about Tiny E and teh rest of us?

Post by Sticky »

Jay wouldn't put up with Ry-Ry's shit for 15 seconds.

DeanMoriarty

Post by DeanMoriarty »

thank God this board has finally gone shit-talking again.

i've been holding on a while hoping it would return.

So fuck Tiny Elvis
And fuck the rest of you too!!

You all suck in my opinion. I'm only here for the Sticky Free-Bees.

jeffc17

Post by jeffc17 »

Everybody's put out some crap, the Beatles put out some crap, Dylan, Stpnes, RA, whatever. I'm not big on JF solo stuff, it's okay but I like SV. People like different things.

Anybody got the link to the Toby Keith message board?

Poster Nutbag

Post by Poster Nutbag »

TinyElvis wrote:1. Jay is so great. Everything he does and says is perfect in every way.
2. President Bush is an idiot and a moron.
3. TinyElvis is an idiot and a moron.
Well said.

Pancho_lefty

Post by Pancho_lefty »

Jodel wrote:
TinyElvis wrote: I began listening to Jay since 1990 (a lot longer than many of you).
What a massive tool.

I love the 'My point is validated because I heard of Jay before you.' arguement.
What is clear is that most of you guys can't stand the E becuase of his political views and therefore any comment he makes is inevitably filtered through some prism of yours. I thought we were allowed to make critical statements about the artist's work on this board? Is everything Jay touches gold or is he human like the rest of us? Man. you've got your radar on and jump down a guy's throat because you don't like him or his politics. To quote "W", some of you have the "your either with us or against us" mentality.

Jodel, I don't know how you came up with your opinion, but I don't think E was saying anything like "my point is validated because I heard Jay before any of you."

By the way, as much as I love most of Jay's music, lyrically, Jet Pilot sucks and IT sounds like a 6th grader's rant.

twitcher73

Post by twitcher73 »

its the contradiction of the typical liberal crowd, E... we all know it:

"we must be accetping and tolerant of everyone despite our differences" and then they stone you for not digging on a record...

TinyElvis

Post by TinyElvis »

Jodel wrote:
TinyElvis wrote: I began listening to Jay since 1990 (a lot longer than many of you).
What a massive tool.

I love the 'My point is validated because I heard of Jay before you.' arguement.
Grow up. If that is the only point you can infer from my statement then why even bother responding.

Jodel

Post by Jodel »

What a massive tool.

TinyElvis

Post by TinyElvis »

hollywood44 wrote:I would again assert that you have, of late, made it a point to express your displeasure with/criticize this record on several occasions. Couch it as drawing a comparison if you will, but it's a criticism of an artist on said artist's message board.

I really don't care, but don't feign innocence and cluelessness if and when people jump down your throat about it. I suspect that's exactly the reaction you're hoping for. The "what did I do?" bit drives me, for one, up a flipping wall. Reminds me of some 6th grader denying wrongdoing.
What I have learned...

The only things that can be posted on the message board are:

1. Jay is so great. Everything he does and says is perfect in every way.
2. President Bush is an idiot and a moron.
3. TinyElvis is an idiot and a moron.

I began listening to Jay since 1990 (a lot longer than many of you). Over the past 15 years, he has been my musical icon. I'm sorry that I am displeased with his latest offerings. It was foolish of me to think I could voice that displeasure on the artist's message board.

trousersnakeandlarry

hollywood44 wrote:
TinyElvis wrote:
Antelope850 wrote:When did this become a lame Tiny E rant about Jay and Okemah?
Since when is trying to draw a comparison a "rant"?
I would again assert that you have, of late, made it a point to express your displeasure with/criticize this record on several occasions. Couch it as drawing a comparison if you will, but it's a criticism of an artist on said artist's message board.

I really don't care, but don't feign innocence and cluelessness if and when people jump down your throat about it. I suspect that's exactly the reaction you're hoping for. The "what did I do?" bit drives me, for one, up a flipping wall. Reminds me of some 6th grader denying wrongdoing.
Since when is some 6th grader denying wrongdoing a rant?