Hello

Haggischomper

Post by Haggischomper »

We also got Loose Fur, too, unfortunately...

:wink:

Sandusky

Missourian also

Post by Sandusky »

Just wanted to say high to all the Jay/Sonvolt/Tupelo/Wilco fanatics out there. I was born around St. Louis & have lived in the area all my life, which is cool cuz Jay plays around here A LOT! :P I feel very fortunate that Jay lives in St. Louis. :D

I've noticed something kinda weird tho, a lot of Jay fans aren't Wilco fans & vice-versa. I don't know, I think we, the fans, have benefitted from Tupelo breaking up--don't get me wrong, I LOVE TUPELO, but we got Jay solo, Sonvolt & Wilco out of it. It's all good! 8)

bgray43050

bgray43050

Post by bgray43050 »

another test.

bgray

Just cause I'm now a registered user....

Post by bgray »

wanted to test this....

bgray

New to this site...

Post by bgray »

Bought Straightaways back in like 92 or 93, bought the rest by Volt soon after. It took me a while to put 2 and 2 together on the whole Farrar/Tweedy thing....

I was a Wilco fan before putting those two together...

I have put a SHITLOAD of Farrar/Tweedy/Tupelo/Wilco shit on my Ipod, and haven't regretted the day...

I'm also a fan of Mike Doughty (former lead singer of Soul Coughing)...anyone heard of him? Also a fan?

Hoping that this forum takes off.....

Brian

loosestring

Post by loosestring »

Well since y'all shared your story I guess I will too. I became a fan back in '95 when Trace was released. Been a huge fan ever since. I grew up in the small town of Louisiana, Missouri and lived in the St. Louis area until 2 years ago when I moved to Jacksonville, Florida. I WANT TO MOVE BACK TO MISSOURI. :D This Jacksonville place just ain't home.

Straighaways

Post by Straighaways »

I'm a bit of a newbie. My boyfriend introduced me to the sounds of Son Volt/Uncle Tupelo/Jay Farrar. I'm now addicted. Named my new kitten Tupelo. Jay is Brilliant!!!!!!!

uesbc

Post by uesbc »

I am a Farrar fanatic in NYC, though I am a midwestern transplant. I am going to the Bowery show 7/9. Can't wait. Also can't wait to discuss Terroir Blues in depth with all of you.

blindhope

Hey

Post by blindhope »

John here. 43 year old married guy from New Hampshire. Okay, not from New Hampshire. Grew up in Missouri and was able to see Uncle Tupelo back in the day.... :D

Todd

Hello

Post by Todd »

Hey, all. I'm really pleased with the way the web site looks now in preparation for Terroir Blues. The sneak peeks on the site and on Miles of Music sound really great, different than anything Jay Farrar's done before. I am very excited to get my hands on the record. I'm in the Midwest, Indianapolis specifically, and hoping Jay hits the Hoosier state again.
10-4

Todd Deckard

Route

Post by Route »

:roll: It's been a very long time since they shut down the Son Volt board and I'm looking forward to hearing from a lot of the old regulars. A lot has changed since then buts it's good to see all the energy behind Jay and his new album. Me, I've moved from NC to Hong Kong so I'm as far away from good music as you could possibly be. Will be flying back to NC via JFK on July 10th and will be at the Bowery that night. Anybody else planning on being there, let me know.

XO

Hello

Post by XO »

:D
Hey everyone hope your all doing well, I am located in the midewest and looking forward to speaking with Jay fans around the world.

thanks