highlandcreek

Post by highlandcreek »

That is a nice detail.

Talus

Post by Talus »

I love the little shake.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

BoogieMan wrote:Say what you want about Man U, you gotta love Scholes' pass to Rooney. Beautiful

Now, what are they doing with that Heinze guy
That was a sweet scoop pass. Perfect. I still loathe the scum!

BoogieMan

Post by BoogieMan »

Say what you want about Man U, you gotta love Scholes' pass to Rooney. Beautiful

Now, what are they doing with that Heinze guy

calexico

Post by calexico »

Not a patch on Mickey Droy though.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

maura tierney wrote:
dcarter wrote:
maura tierney wrote:
dcarter wrote:Ben, please refrain from giving me grief about the performance of my second-tier side ever again. Tsk, tsk.
Yes, we were shite. But, until Sunday, we had won NINE in a row - conceding just ONE goal in the process. We are unbeaten in 18 matches now. Everyone was saying that United had it sewn up: we've done amazingly well to close them down. Plus we have the FA Cup final to come, and the European Cup semi-final on Wednesday! (And we've already landed the League Cup!) And yet everyone is still talking about our season as if it's been a disappointment!!!
I'm not saying it's a disappointment. I was just saying don't give me grief about my little side when your big money side has an opportunity to put serious pressure on and put the League under their control and don't. A championside would have found a way to score 1 goal against Newcastle's porous defense. That said, I still hope that The Scum falter once more and you win the title1 Go Blue!
Here he goes talking about money again! Our players aren't that much better than those of the other sides in the Prem; if they were, we'd win four or five-nil every week. The only reason we had to pay so much for some of our players was because teams hike the asking prices for players up once they know that Chelsea are interested. Besides, it's not as if we have signed loads of flair players like Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Totti, Henry etc. Jose likes players who graft. We win games through sheer hard work, which is why we usually only win by the odd goal.
I would call Drogba, Ballack, Shevchenko, Cech, Lampard, Essien, and Terry "Flair players". And arguably Makelele and Joe Cole.

calexico

Post by calexico »

Jose is the Iberian George Graham.

maura tierney

Post by maura tierney »

dcarter wrote:
maura tierney wrote:
dcarter wrote:Ben, please refrain from giving me grief about the performance of my second-tier side ever again. Tsk, tsk.
Yes, we were shite. But, until Sunday, we had won NINE in a row - conceding just ONE goal in the process. We are unbeaten in 18 matches now. Everyone was saying that United had it sewn up: we've done amazingly well to close them down. Plus we have the FA Cup final to come, and the European Cup semi-final on Wednesday! (And we've already landed the League Cup!) And yet everyone is still talking about our season as if it's been a disappointment!!!
I'm not saying it's a disappointment. I was just saying don't give me grief about my little side when your big money side has an opportunity to put serious pressure on and put the League under their control and don't. A championside would have found a way to score 1 goal against Newcastle's porous defense. That said, I still hope that The Scum falter once more and you win the title1 Go Blue!
Here he goes talking about money again! Our players aren't that much better than those of the other sides in the Prem; if they were, we'd win four or five-nil every week. The only reason we had to pay so much for some of our players was because teams hike the asking prices for players up once they know that Chelsea are interested. Besides, it's not as if we have signed loads of flair players like Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Totti, Henry etc. Jose likes players who graft. We win games through sheer hard work, which is why we usually only win by the odd goal.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

maura tierney wrote:

calexico

Post by calexico »

sturgeongeneral wrote:you gentlemen speak in riddles of sphinxian proportions.
Hey, stop commenting and get to cleaning the place up for the lunch rush.

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

you gentlemen speak in riddles of sphinxian proportions.

maura tierney

Post by maura tierney »

Be a good boy!

calexico

Post by calexico »

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12!

Anyway, must dash for a while. Take it easy. :wink:

maura tierney

Post by maura tierney »

calexico wrote:1. No, no, no.

2. Is that a programme? I was referring to sluts in general.

3. Search me.

4. FOUR!
1. Yes, yes, yes!

2. You KNOW it's a TV show!

3. I'd rather not.

4. Been watching Sesame Street?

5. FIVE ALIVE!!!