Gob Iron track names/CDDB?

summersleep

Post by summersleep »

I'll give it another go; thanks for your responses.
By the way, it's a great album!

drpyurz49

Post by drpyurz49 »

I don't use Itunes, but I know that the freedb server had the correct tracklisting shortly after the album came out. But the bad thing is, freedb was bought out not long ago and isn't public anymore. It still works with Exact Audio Copy, so it might work with other programs. If Itunes has an option to import a database from freedb, try it.

trousersnakeandlarry

Post by trousersnakeandlarry »

iTunes wouldnt import it for me either, so I loaded Windows Media Player and it found all the names for me. Then I ripped it and had iTunes convert it from there.

danmen

Post by danmen »

I must admit that on 10.30.06, I typed out the names... if you can't force the cddb info, just right click the track name and hit get info, then a window pops up where you can type the track names... A slight time saver hint.... highluight all tracks using control-shift and the mouse button, then right click to bring up the info window. At that point you can at least give every track the Gob Iron and Death Songs for the Living id, then you just have to manually add track #'s and names.
Again, there have been many recent updates to the itunes software, so before doing anything too hard, just try to update... If you type it in, then update, it's not smart enough to realize you've already done the work and it will re-copy the cd with track names to your hard drive.

seger_and_priest

Post by seger_and_priest »

thank you for the advice, danmen. i, too, am stuck in this track-name-less rut.

danmen

Post by danmen »

It did not work for me on 10/30/06 when I got mine, but then when I put it in after 10.31.06 it worked fine. Just make sure your itunes software is up to date and you are connected to the web...

keith21

Post by keith21 »

It didn't work when I tried it either. Does that mean that no one else with that album in their iTunes has it on at that moment? I'm not sure how that works.

summersleep

Gob Iron track names/CDDB?

Post by summersleep »

Hello everybody,

I inserted the Gob Iron CD into my computer to load into iTunes, but it seems that the track names are not in the CD database....anybody else run into this? Will I have to type in the tracks manually? Just checkin'....
Thanks,

- Patrick