The Search

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

And now the long-awaited Amazon notice arrives!

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

First listen stand-outs for me: Action, Circadian Rhythm, Beacon Soul, Methamphetamine and Highways & Cigarettes. One song that seemed, well, a bit boring, is Adrenaline & Heresy. But, ever the optimist, I will see what happens when I listen in sequence at a good volume on good headphones.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

I have to listen to it on "low" here in the office...but am a bit taken aback by having Slow Hearse as the lead off song. The piano is quite pedestrian..so Jay? This can't be Derry. The Picture..I think this would have been a better lead. Terrific! Horns work just fine. Action. Yes! I know there is another thread devoted just to this song, but it strikes me as an old timey sound, kind of a delta blues base. Underground Dream. Pleasant enough. Circadian Rhythm. I did hear the live version earlier so already know what a kick-ass tune this is. Well, that's as far as I've gotten so far.

DeltaMud

Liner notes?

Post by DeltaMud »

Anyone care to scan in the lyrics and liner notes for us iTunes-only users? Thnx!

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

dcarter wrote:
Goldstein VIII wrote:
Tokyo Fan wrote:And in the meantime, here I am going nuts quasi-patiently waiting for my so-called pre-order from amazon to come through. There ain't no best Buy in Tokyo. For Okemah, I had my son pick up a copy in Seattle at the Best Buy and hand carry it with him when he paid a visit home. Anyway, I guess that means I just have to salivate and live vicariously through all of your reviews.
jeez. he bought the shit...someone send the guy some mp3s on yousendit before i do it myself.
I took care of the disc, the iTunes and the Best Buy about 30 minutes ago. :D
Thanks so much (and Lawrence Fan, too). I successfully downloaded the best buy and am eagerly watching the download percentage marker creep up for the album. I won't even discuss my "technical difficulties" as I don't wish to provide the technocrats with fodder surplanting the (in)famous hacking incident. Now I will queitly absorb the new music and hopefully join the fray. Note: still no notice from Amazon! Incredible.

Coffee Creek

yeah, I said it!

Post by Coffee Creek »

You're all a bunch of Edwards!

grainpulp

Post by grainpulp »

Likeaphotographer wrote:
grainpulp wrote:Sorry TokyoFan, that sucks...

I have to say... once again... I am so overjoyed by this album. Anything else I try to say will sound stupid.

"She said I still love you
I don't know if I want to spend the
rest of my time with you
the rest of my life with you."

You guys know what I'm talking about. When I first heard him singing and repeating these lines I just kind of... collapsed and exploded at the same time. If that makes sense. And then I had to actually remind myslef that it was a Jay Farrar song, because it doesn't sound like anything he has ever done before.

"Adrenaline & Heresy" punched me in the gut yesterday.....I've been preparing to hear those words from someone I love, soon....
It's intense stuff, that's for sure.
Hope that works out alright... Seriously.

grainpulp

Post by grainpulp »

dcarter wrote:
grainpulp wrote:
dcarter wrote:We are all full of love. :D
It's getting pretty steamy in here.
A room full of Gayfers for Jayfers leads to ass ruling which produces serious steam.
Yessir, I do believe that's how it goes.
Hot damn.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

grainpulp wrote:
A room full of Gayfers for Jayfers leads to ass ruling which produces serious steam.

grainpulp

Post by grainpulp »

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

We are all full of love. :D

Linwood Thorpe

Post by Linwood Thorpe »

dcarter wrote:
Goldstein VIII wrote:
Tokyo Fan wrote:And in the meantime, here I am going nuts quasi-patiently waiting for my so-called pre-order from amazon to come through. There ain't no best Buy in Tokyo. For Okemah, I had my son pick up a copy in Seattle at the Best Buy and hand carry it with him when he paid a visit home. Anyway, I guess that means I just have to salivate and live vicariously through all of your reviews.
jeez. he bought the shit...someone send the guy some mp3s on yousendit before i do it myself.
I guess i will stop my yousenditing then.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Goldstein VIII wrote:

Linwood Thorpe

Post by Linwood Thorpe »

Goldstein VIII wrote:
Sounds like a plan...

Goldstein VIII

Post by Goldstein VIII »