Grand Theft Parsons

freeuntilcaught

Post by freeuntilcaught »

Twas a piece of Shite! Except for the music of course and the fact that actor gram kinda resembled Gram.

JJ

Post by JJ »

After going to Joshua Tree earlier this year and staying a night in Room Number 8 the Joshua Tree Inn I was pretty anxious to see the movie. The fact is that it is not meant to be really accurate, most of the sub plots are totally made up, but I thought parts of it were ok. At the very least there are some great shots of the desert.
On a similar topic, I was also at the Gram Parsons Tribute concert this year in Santa Barbara (briefly spoke to Jay afterwards) there is a DVD of that show coming out soon which will probably be pretty interesting.

FIFTH WHEEL

Post by FIFTH WHEEL »

It's an alright film. Knoxville won't win an oscar for his role, but still did a good job. I was really surprised to see there were about 10 copies at our BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO here in Overland, MO. Don't get the movie thinking you're going to learn something about Parsons. It's not a biography by any means. It's a good story though.

sungod7

Post by sungod7 »

It's not a bad flick. They chage many things in the story but still worth watching.

It's been available for a long time... on bittorrent!

Long Slow Fade

Post by Long Slow Fade »

How strange. I just finished watching it 5 minutes ago. It was okay. I didn't like the cameo by Phil Kaufman at the end though. Dumbest part of the movie.

kjdacrippla

grand theft

Post by kjdacrippla »

i saw the dvd for sale yesterday at a Tower Records.

HEAVEN MUST BE LEARNED

Post by HEAVEN MUST BE LEARNED »

its out-- i bought it on dvd -- its good!!but yea its not what i thought it would be either. but still worth buying or renting.

hot burrito

Post by hot burrito »

I saw this movie last night, not all I thought it would be. But it was OK. Anyone else see it yet?

hot burrito

Post by hot burrito »

A friend of mine saw Paycheck with Ben Affleck last weekend and said Grand Theft Parsons was one of the Previews and was coming out in March 2004

Godsownsinger

Post by Godsownsinger »

I sure would like to know...Out in UK already, US release dates are always listed as SUBJECT TO CHANGE...I really want to see this...I love Gram Parsons(as my screen name should show) 8)

tele

Post by tele »

Johnny Knoxville and Christina Applegate...both are supposed to be good in it

saratoga jay

gram parsons flick

Post by saratoga jay »

if i'm not mistaken, i think johnny knoxville from jack-ass has the lead role. i could be wrong.

muteseh

Post by muteseh »

Is/was this the supposed biopic that that fuckwit Brad Pitt was interested in? Or is that another project?

grainpulp

Post by grainpulp »

i believe it's supposed to play at sundace this year. So... hopefully this means it will be brought to all of us soon.

hot burrito

Grand Theft Parsons

Post by hot burrito »

Does anyone know when this movie is coming out. It is about Gram Parsons. I have been waiting a while for this, and can't seem to find out the exact date.