Brooklyn Show

half-n-half

fun fun fun

Post by half-n-half »

great freakin' show. you guys were pretty cool for eastern folk. a shout out to chris and karen! thanks for helping me find my car. i owe you a drink at the next show.

snuggles,
1/2

cind

Post by cind »

Ah yes, another glorious nite in Gob-town.  I don't think I need repeat what Antelope and Saratoga Jay have already so eloquently stated about the evening.  SWOONTASTIC.  All I can add is that the GI shows have been some of the best live music I have ever seen. The Gob does not fail to impress or inspire.  Nice treat to see Creston Lea playing in the band...

My friend (who had never seen any Jay or the others) was so impressed. Especially by Mr. Spencer.  She kept saying "Why is this guy flying under the radar, he is SO talented!"  Couldn't agree more.  Gob Iron is THE MAN.

Have some snaps that I will post when I get a chance.

Nice to meet Antelope and Saratoga Jay!  Lots of fun hanging out and chatting.  Hope to see you guys on the next go-round.

HEAVEN MUST BE LEARNED

Post by HEAVEN MUST BE LEARNED »

cool! glad you all had a good time--great story about the shirts.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

yeah, it was a great show and a great weekend of Gob. as always, it was a pleasure meeting up with Antelope. good times my friend, good times. Cindy, it was awesome meeting/hanging out with you and Elizabeth. you two are a great pair! i'm sure we'll meet at another show somewhere down the road.

Bill B, i can't tell you how much i appreciate the nice gesture. i might have to frame that shirt and hang it on my 'wall of rocknroll'. you are THE MAN! hopefully you didn't get home too, too late. another awsome treat last night was meeting Jeff from National Grain and his wife Elizabeth. keep up the good work both of ya. say hi to Willie! i will definitely be in touch.

Anders, Mark and Jay rocked, of course. these guys are so beyond cool it ain't even funny. Jay brings it like nobody's business. the crafty Mark and Anders kicked serious ass again. great job fellas! i thought it was another good crowd who really appreciated the talent on hand. and seeing Creston jam with the guys again was an extra treat. it was cool meeting you, dude.

so what is it now, 6 weeks to The Search?

dEvRoNiKa

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

so ...

jealous ...

seger_and_priest

Post by seger_and_priest »

can y'all tell us more about 'phosphate skin' and 'action'?

Antelope850

Post by Antelope850 »

Gob Iron setlist was the same as the other shows. All of the album songs except for East Virginia Blues and the snake song. Encores were Going, Going Gone, Heaven, Voodoo Candle, One More Cup of Coffee, Out on the Road. The spoken word stuff didn't go off as smoothly as the night before - seemed like the sound guy was forgetting to play it. Creston Lea played bass on Cup of Coffee again allowing for Jay and Anders to trade leads. Extra long jam at the end of Out on the Road. Jay's setlist same as the previous night in Hoboken - Underground Dream, The Picture, Meth, Phosphate Skin, Action, Bandages, Circadian Rhythm, Highways and Cigarettes, Afterglow, and a killer Medication with Spencer. Anders played most of his new album.

Yeah if the show had gone on in November, probably wouldn't have heard Phosphate Skin and Action. And there wouldn't have been a Hoboken show too. No complaints on the postponement from me. Too bad Grainpulp missed it though.

DeltaMud

Fantastic Show

Post by DeltaMud »

It was a great show in Brooklyn last night! We were lucky to hear the new SV songs--I don't know if Jay would have played so many back in November if he had made the Brooklyn show back then. The set list was amazing and I was surprised by the encores. Anyone know the song he played after Voodoo Candle?

Anders Parker has a real talent. I caught him at the Living Room last week with Mark Spencer. They're there every Wednesday in January if you want to check them out real up close and personal-like.

This was better than the free SV show at the WFC last summer. Just for the variety of songs, styles, instrument-switching. And I loved the way they kicked up some Gob songs for the live venue. I missed "East Virginia Blues," though.

Can't wait till March!

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

Set list????!!!! Same as other shows?

Antelope850

Brooklyn Show

Post by Antelope850 »

Another fantastic show tonight. Met up with Saratoga Jay, cind and her friend Elizabeth. Very cool hanging out with everybody. Cind said she wasn't going to take any pictures tonight and just enjoy the show but she took a few...

Walked up to Jay after the show and asked him what the new song was after Phosphate Skin. It's called Action (which cailin apparently already knew from the Hoboken thread.) The new songs sound great - can't wait for The Search.

Stood on the left side tonight by Mark Spencer and was reminded again what an amazing talent he is. All three of those guys, switching instruments seamlessly. Instrument switching should be a requirement of every band from now on.

Apparently something happened to the keyboard between Hoboken and Brooklyn. There was no keyboard tonight. Took away a little bit from the instrument switching magic but for those of us who saw them play the previous night, it was cool seeing them roll with the punches and play guitar or bass where last night they played keys. Jay accidentally sent a drumstick flying during Death Is Only A Dream .. and reached down and grabbed another one.

A cool note: Last year I was hanging out with Saratoga Jay at the Son Volt show at the world financial center. We started talking to Mark Spencer and guitar maker Bill Bonanzinga for awhile. So tonight, we see Bill and say hi and it turns out he brought Bonanzinga guitar T-Shirts for me and SJ - he was looking for Saratoga Jay and Antelope. Very cool. Thanks man.

Didn't see any tapers either night but there's got to be somebody out there who taped it. We'll see. I hope to make it to see Jay's song at the Dead tribute show but if not, it's been a sweet weekend of Gob.