Movie Time!

calexico

Post by calexico »

Hoops wrote:
calexico wrote:
Hoops wrote:from the guy with 18000+ posts....
Who just got back from a week in Amsterdam, getting stoned, drunk and watching live sex shows.... :lol:
I went to the grocery store yesterday, bitch.

I am sooooooo jealous. :wink:

Hoops

Post by Hoops »

calexico wrote:
Who just got back from a week in Amsterdam, getting stoned, drunk and watching live sex shows.... :lol:
I went to the grocery store yesterday, bitch.

calexico

Post by calexico »

Hoops

Post by Hoops »

from the guy with 18000+ posts....

calexico

Post by calexico »

Hoops wrote:I see every movie in 10 categories for the Oscars. And I've done it for 8 years now.

highlandcreek

Post by highlandcreek »

Trellis wrote:
Hoops wrote:
I am glad Scorsese won an Oscar. However, I find it funny that he wins it the year that he had no business winning it. And then giving the Departed the best Picture award was only picked as some sort of "validation" for Marty's win.
Exactly. I know lots of people that just love the Departed, and though I think it's good, it's not what I think of as a best picture or best director flick.
I think they had to give it to him *now*, as Departed is a pretty decent movie. It is possible that he may make another run of mediocre movies, then die. He probably doesn't have another Raging Bull or Goodfellas in him, and it would be a damn shame if he NEVER got an Oscar.

So yes, politics.

Trellis

Post by Trellis »

Hoops wrote:
I am glad Scorsese won an Oscar. However, I find it funny that he wins it the year that he had no business winning it. And then giving the Departed the best Picture award was only picked as some sort of "validation" for Marty's win.
Exactly. I know lots of people that just love the Departed, and though I think it's good, it's not what I think of as a best picture or best director flick.

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

Never was much of a Lynch fan, especially after the horrible butcher job he gave Dune. But Mulholland Dr was great, and Wild At Heart is an oldie but goodie.

I think the only movie I saw that won an Oscar in some way, shape or form was Little Miss Sunshine. Good movie.

Hoops

Post by Hoops »

I see every movie in 10 categories for the Oscars. And I've done it for 8 years now. This will probably be my last time. First off, the acting nominations were a joke. Some wonderful performances were not acknowledged while Will Smith and Meryl Streep get nominated for the obvious bland performances.

Jennifer Hudson sang well in the movie. Not too sure about her acting. Cate Blanchett was wonderful in Notes On A Scandal. She deserved the Oscar. However, the unwritten rule was used because she won a Supporting Actress Award two years ago.

It is all politics.

By the way, Ken Watanabe rules!

Trellis

Post by Trellis »

calexico wrote:Best acceptance speech ever for Arkin. Professional and heartfelt and job done. Just like his acting.
That was a good one, but my vote is for Whitaker's.

calexico

Post by calexico »

Best acceptance speech ever for Arkin. Professional and heartfelt and job done. Just like his acting.

highlandcreek

Post by highlandcreek »

blackseacityman wrote:Picture - The Departed
Directer - Marty
Actor - Whitaker
Actress - Mirren
Supporting Actor - Arkin
Supporting Actress - Hudson

I agree with you on Inland Empire. It is hands down one of the greatest films ever made. It's as close to the ether as a film can get. I was rocked to my core for days after I saw it.
Wow, the B-man was 6 for 6. I thought maybe Babel for best pic and Honsou (sp?) for supporting actor. I knew Whitaker would get the actor nod, but I was pulling for Ryan Gosling.

Still Be Around

Post by Still Be Around »

The only one I've seen on the list is Little Miss Sunshine and that was a great movie! I would recommend that to anyone.

grainpulp

Post by grainpulp »

Tonight's the night.

grainpulp

Re: Movie Time!

Post by grainpulp »

ShuckOwens wrote:
grainpulp wrote:Speak up ye sausage-fingers!
What an awesome movie! And what a frightening creature! I was pretty freaked out.