NEW GUITARIST ADDED TO SON VOLT LINE-UP

trousersnakeandlarry

Post by trousersnakeandlarry »

Left for more money and exposure I guess. I wish him well, but either you are in a band or not. Damn he records on both albums then ditches then for the tour. Reminds me of the time Linwood left Teh Lesbian Brothers to chase ambulances.

camaroheadus

Post by camaroheadus »

this is bumming me out a bit. i really enjoyed brad's playing and the vibe he brought to the live shows. keith urban..........blow me!!

with that being said, welcome masterson!!!!

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

I suppose it's the nature of the business, but I sure was impressed with Brad so will miss his contribution to the band. I don't know anything about the new guy but it looks like he has good credentials. I can't imagine this (departure of Brad) was forseen by Jay. Not with the Conan thing and all the tour all lined up. Well, this Son Volt is one "vehicle" with interchangeable parts. Have to keep rolling with the punches, I suppose.

bigdieseltrucker

Post by bigdieseltrucker »

He better tear it up!

danmen

Post by danmen »

Here is Chris's Myspace page... got a few tunes as well
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =154726354

February 12, 2007 Chris Masterson Joins Son volt Austin TX – Chris Masterson announced this week that he will be leaving Jack Ingram’s band to join the alt-country rock band, Son Volt. Masterson has played guitar for acts including, Hank Williams III, Bobby Bare Jr., Wayne Hancock, and for nearly four years, Jack Ingram. “I’m bummed to leave Ingram’s camp, but I’m really looking forward to working with Jay Farrar and company. I’ve been a fan for a long time. This is an exciting move,” said Masterson. Masterson will replace Son Volt guitarist, Brad Rice, who left the band to tour with Keith Urban. When not on the road with Son Volt, Masterson is gearing up to do some of his own shows with his on and off-stage partner, Eleanor Whitmore. He plans to release an EP in the coming months. To find out more, go to www.myspace.com/chrismastersonmusic Chris’ debut with Son Volt will be March 1, on Late Night with Conan O’Brien. Son Volt will begin touring in late March in support of their record “The Search” in stores on March 6th. For more info visit www.sonvolt.net.
Last edited by danmen on Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tweety > Farha

Post by Tweety > Farha »

Maybe Jay should just ditch all the guitars and add another keyboard player or two?

bigdieseltrucker

Post by bigdieseltrucker »

Funny, Colin Hay is underneath him and looks like Joe Pesci.

Funny like a clown.

He amuses me.

Grifterwithafunnylittleha

Or Roald.

Post by Grifterwithafunnylittleha »

Dear Brian,

FYI - folks around here are pretty particular and tend to come down hard on typos. Be careful, especially how you type my wife's name.

Get it right.

G

beatenbynonfiction

Post by beatenbynonfiction »

grifter.......

Love is a strong word. Lust may be more appro po. Babydoll loves the nubby. Who can keep track? Brilliance. I have been looking for you for a very long time.

Grifterwithafunnylittleha

Little One

Post by Grifterwithafunnylittleha »

I love you beatenbynonfiction!

Too bad your name is too short.

Baby Doll calls your type: Nubby.

Love,
Grilledtunaonahalfslice

megaballs

Post by megaballs »

Anyone that jams with Jay is lucky.
Big Time.

So Chris isn't on Search just the tour?

Oh well.

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

Hi Cris.Image

Bye Brad.Image

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

okay everyone, say "hi" to Chris.

"HI CHRIS"!

http://www.duesenbergusa.com/artists.html#

beatenbynonfiction

NEW GUITARIST ADDED TO SON VOLT LINE-UP

Post by beatenbynonfiction »

Chris Masterson, former guitar player for Jack Ingram, will replace Brad Rice in the Son Volt line-up. Brad has been tapped to join Keith Urban on the road and will of course be missed. Chris joins Son Volt on March 1 for Late Night with Conan O’Brien and will also be on all future dates.

Keith Urban stealing Jay's guitarist. Come on, who did not see this one coming from a mile away? I smell a new episode of "Crossroads!" I know it's much more complicated, but there are a couple of excellent guitarist types in Minneapolis who could fit in nicely.