Dixie Chicks and Joe Citizen Blues

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Thanks. I'll watch when I get home. The guv'ment filter. :roll:

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

here

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uuyhSE2SUNE

he should have played that for the grammy fans.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

gdavis5446 wrote:
dcarter wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:
dcarter wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:the grammys are for music fans who really don't like music. I listen to music about 12 hours a day and even at times leave cd's running while i sleep. people who think the grammys are important to music are the same people who buy there coffee and cd's at the same place. fucking target or starbucks.
So I guess that I can join the Jackasses for Jay after all.
aren't you are president?
:lol: No. I believe in science. :P
did you ever see that bright eys performance of when the president talks to god? I think it was on leno or conan?
No, but i have heard the song. Besides the politics, a great song.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

dcarter wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:
dcarter wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:the grammys are for music fans who really don't like music. I listen to music about 12 hours a day and even at times leave cd's running while i sleep. people who think the grammys are important to music are the same people who buy there coffee and cd's at the same place. fucking target or starbucks.
did you ever see that bright eys performance of when the president talks to god? I think it was on leno or conan?

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

gdavis5446 wrote:
dcarter wrote:

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

dcarter wrote:

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

the grammys are for music fans who really don't like music. I listen to music about 12 hours a day and even at times leave cd's running while i sleep. people who think the grammys are important to music are the same people who buy there coffee and cd's at the same place. fucking target or starbucks.

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

I've got to know, yes, I've got to know, friend;
Hungry lips ask me wherever I go!
Comrades and friends all falling around me
I've got to know, yes, I've got to know.

Why do your war boats ride on my waters?
Why do your death bombs fall from my skies?
Why do you burn my farm and my town down?
I've got to know, friend, I've got to know!

What makes your boats haul death to my people?
Nitro blockbusters, big cannons and guns?
Why doesn't your ship bring food and some clothing?
I've sure got to know, folks, I've sure got to know!

megaballs

Dixie Chicks and Joe Citizen Blues

Post by megaballs »

Watching the Grammys was such a joke.

I happen to support having troops trying to help the people of Iraq while all of the UN and Europe, many here, just want to leave it alone...many mistakes have been made, starting with making 400,000 Iraqi soldiers made unemployed ...and maybe invading at all as opposed to isolation and sanctions in hindsight. But now I see bloodshed and want to stop it. Others want to ignore the carnage. I respect differing opinions. I ache over 3100 lives and 20,000 injuries.
Anyways, I am moved by Joe Citizen Blues. I can relate to the depressing aspects of today and the hope that better times are ahead. I think it speaks to our times, our ambitions, our frustrations as Americans. Regardless of your politics or position on the war.

So the Grammys are about the boring broads whining about how everyone was so mean to them and they stood up...etc. How much more fitting would it be to have Jay signing Joe Citizen Blues and getting nominations left and right for Okemah?

I guess thats why we can see Jay for $20 in small venues. And how cool is that?