Will Oldham Fans

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

Dev, I loved it! Do you think Jay has similar feelings when some drunk in the audience shouts, "Whiskey Bottle!" or "Moonshiner!"? By the way, I knew WO/BPB and I had something in common, Neil's 'Harvest" album is his favorite also.

dEvRoNiKa

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

manshank

Post by manshank »

Bucky for President!

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Goldstein VIII wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:I will check that out. I have a few of his Bonnie Prince Billy and Palace albums. It's good but takes a few listens or drugs to get into.
what are you, nuts? drugs needed to get into will oldham's music? take some drugs while listening to i see a darkness and you might kill yourself.

green mountain boy, how could you not mention i see a darkness? i'm very disappointed w/you.
I'm still here.

grainpulp

Post by grainpulp »

Hey sturgeon,
This movie was playing near me sometime last year, and I had the great fortune of seeing it. It really took me by suprise and was definitely one of my favorite movies from last year. It is a beautfiul and simple look at humanity. I don't want to blabber about it too much, so I'll leave it at that.
Don't miss it!

Goldstein VIII

Post by Goldstein VIII »

gdavis5446 wrote:I will check that out. I have a few of his Bonnie Prince Billy and Palace albums. It's good but takes a few listens or drugs to get into.
what are you, nuts? drugs needed to get into will oldham's music? take some drugs while listening to i see a darkness and you might kill yourself.

green mountain boy, how could you not mention i see a darkness? i'm very disappointed w/you.

manshank

Post by manshank »

The Letting Go, Superwolf and BPB Does Palace are must haves...no drugs needed, well maybe in the past...................

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

I will check that out. I have a few of his Bonnie Prince Billy and Palace albums. It's good but takes a few listens or drugs to get into.

sturgeongeneral

Will Oldham Fans

Post by sturgeongeneral »

A new movie is being released this weekend titled 'Old Joy' starring W.O. It receives a good review in my local paper and the NY Times declares it to be "a must-see". Based on the review it is a buddy picture and Will plays the aging free spirit who attempts to connect with an old friend who has chosen the road more traveled. They get lost in the woods and their fragile bond starts to unravel I guess. I think it has very limited screenings. I will always be indebted to Mr. Oldham and his music because that was the genesis in my search for a truer sound.