World Waits For You (Okemah)
4%
Other / None / Write in / Something I forgot
No votes

Total votes: 28

sand dusky

Post by sand dusky »

whiskeybottle for me.

The sound of resignation in his voice when he repeats the 'Not for ever, Just for now' line. I believed he was a man beaten.

anadyne2112

Post by anadyne2112 »

I agree with Doug, that 1963 line is killer. But since everyone is going for the obvious, I vote Wont Forget. That is an amazing song. I can't believe it didn't make it on an original issue.

grainpulp

Post by grainpulp »

Come on people, let's not joke around here...

WINDFALL.

Trellis

Post by Trellis »

Windfall. Walk you down though... nice to be reminded of this one.

ScottZeagle

Post by ScottZeagle »

dcarter wrote:CATCHING AN ALL-NIGHT STATION SOMEWHERE IN LOUISIANA IT SOUNDS LIKE 1963 BUT FOR NOW IT SOUNDS LIKE HEAVEN

This line alone is worth the price of admission. It captures everything that is important to me. How the man could describe so much with so little is beyond my feeble brain. Artistry like that deserves the awards and the money. It's the moment that matters and when you realize that that moment is there, life could not be any better. You have to forget all of the bullshit and live. Thank you, Jay Farrar.
Man, you are exactly right, Doug...I think that brick to the head may have actually helped you!!!!

:D

highlandcreek

Post by highlandcreek »

Windfall for me.

seger_and_priest

Post by seger_and_priest »

"way down watson," though i admit that "windfall" may be more "important" in a canonical sense.

tracer

Post by tracer »

windfall. there's a reason it's at the end of most every show.

Still Be Around

Post by Still Be Around »

Yeah, I went with Windfall.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

CATCHING AN ALL-NIGHT STATION SOMEWHERE IN LOUISIANA IT SOUNDS LIKE 1963 BUT FOR NOW IT SOUNDS LIKE HEAVEN

This line alone is worth the price of admission. It captures everything that is important to me. How the man could describe so much with so little is beyond my feeble brain. Artistry like that deserves the awards and the money. It's the moment that matters and when you realize that that moment is there, life could not be any better. You have to forget all of the bullshit and live. Thank you, Jay Farrar.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

I listened to all the W's on my in-bound commute...but there really was never any doubt...Windfall.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

Antelope850 wrote:Windfall.
you're really not alone...

:wink:

Linwood Thorpe

Post by Linwood Thorpe »

I voted Whiskey Bottle, which is my favorite UT song after "Still Be Around." Windfall is one of the best songs ever...count me among those people who voted for the second favorite because the leader is so far in front of everything else.

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

I would not be true to myself if I chose anything but Windfall. However, if Jay ever sought a request from the crowd and it was between Windfall and Whiskey Bottle I would opt for Whiskey just to experience that moment.

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

the art guy wrote:Wow. Can I vote three times? Please?

You all are taking care of Windfall for me, which probably does deserve the win. I know, if I think that, then I should vote for it, but screw logic. I'm taking the opportunity to vote for one of my other choices. So: Way Down Watson or Wipe The Clock? Hmm....both underrated genius picks, left for the end of great albums. I can't decide. I believe I shall flip a coin.
That's what I had to do with the V's.