Son Volt on WFUV March 8

ct

Post by ct »

I recording all the SV shows on CD, if anybody wants to trade. I will not post it because of the ban on radio boardcast.

Just drop a pm.

Thanks for the info Lope.

alphabot

Post by alphabot »

Double LP?!?!

*droooool*

*hopes it won't cost 40 bucks*

*knows he'll buy it either way*

HEAVEN MUST BE LEARNED

Post by HEAVEN MUST BE LEARNED »

that was cool, thanks for the link. cant wait to see them live!

mraney

22 songs on Vinyl

Post by mraney »

Around the 8 minute mark, Jay mentions that the 22 song version of "The Search" will be available on double LP.

Mike R.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Here's the proof, if anyone needed it, that this is all going to sound even better live. The Picture with Jay on harp the last 30 seconds or so. Very nice and still different from the alternative version offered on the Best Buy. Meth..I am speechless. I was thinking Jay might even be singing this in a lower register than the album version. Am listening to album version now...and maybe I am wrong on that. Hard to tell. Anyway, thanks for posting this. 32 minute interview including the four songs all done live in the studio.

Antelope850

Post by Antelope850 »

Checking this out now on their archive. www.wfuv.org

Looks like they taped it in late February with Walbourne on guitar. Nice performance. The Picture has that Cure sound again without the horns. Underground Dream sounds fantastic. Highways with just Jay singing (and Andrew on the chorus) is sweet. Really nice version of Meth. Walbourne can play. Interesting interview. They talk about Brad leaving to be part of Keith Urban's 4 guitar attack. Jay can be such a tough guy to interview just for the quiet responses and reluctance to speak at length. I've heard several interviews he's done with this woman on WFUV. They always seem like a bit of a struggle for her, but he gives such interesting answers if you can bear with it. On the 4-24-97 Irving Plaza show that circulates, the start of it is Jay and Son Volt being interviewed on WFUV by this same woman and Jay was even harder to interview back then. But when he's asked about the title of Straightaways he says something about how the straightaway is the part of the track where you can relax a bit but you can also speed up a little too. I love that.

Antelope850

Son Volt on WFUV March 8

Post by Antelope850 »

I'll bump it the day before.

Thursday March 8:

6 AM-10 PM, City Folk: Featuring the music of alt-country pioneers Son Volt, as they release a new album.

8:15 AM and 4:45 PM, Take Five: Claudia Marshall welcomes Son Volt to Studio A.

9 PM, Words and Music from Studio A: Son Volt is Claudia Marshall’s guest for conversation and performance.