Sandusky

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

:lol: It is hilarious imaging people that don't really know you reading that. You rock!

Grifterwithafunnylittleha

Non Sequiter

Post by Grifterwithafunnylittleha »

partyroy wrote:I know that the Feb. 28 is Jeff strumming the backing chords only and explaining to the audience how lame the song would be solo. He then rips through the main intro riff once or twice and then goes directly into "New Madrid".

I have the other show as well but don't remember the song, they probably were just fooling around as I would remember it if it was a full version.

Great, great song btw...
This is a perfect example of what a prick and cocksucker Jeff can be. Come on, Dood. You recorded a beautiful record with Jay, and now you can't stand the fact that Sandusky withstands controversy. You introduce your own brand, bro.

Jeff regularly rips Jay in live shows. But, you know what? Jay doesn't give a fuck; he never rips Jeff. He's the baddest mug in the land and could give a rip about his "FORMER" bandmate. You know why? Because Jeff is inconsequential to the business of songwriting.

Grifter

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Lord Filthy Von Blumpkin wrote:Speaking of VC, there's some love for the Search over there. I look there maybe every couple months and lo and behold, today I see the VC are calling it the best since Trace. Apparently they're listening to a leaked version, and are doing some sort of tapdance/code-talk around naming the source.

Note: If a source were named I wouldn't repeat it, wouldn't listen, and wouldn't even feel comfortable referring anyone to the VC. :evil:

I must say that I am surprised at how a lid has been kept on this record. I recall a LOT of people HERE listening to Okemah well-before the release date. :?
I had Okemah a couple months before the official release, talked about it here and received a lecture from Transmit. Of course I purchased the record the day it came out. This time around I figured I'd wait until it came out in stores. I've not even listened to any of the streams on here or NPR. I'm sure if I wanted it I could find it on Oink.

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

creekwader wrote:
I guess not too surprising that the Wilco types would like this while the 'All songs must contain Heywood in order to be good' crowd ain't pleased.
Who said "all"? Just most.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Thanks, Roy!

partyroy

Post by partyroy »

I know that the Feb. 28 is Jeff strumming the backing chords only and explaining to the audience how lame the song would be solo. He then rips through the main intro riff once or twice and then goes directly into "New Madrid".

I have the other show as well but don't remember the song, they probably were just fooling around as I would remember it if it was a full version.

Great, great song btw...

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

trousersnakeandlarry wrote:
dcarter wrote:Does anyone know if these 2 Sanduskys are a fun goof riff like Drown or if they are full versions?
THey are two perfect full blown versions and I have a copy of each and they are FANTASTIC.
I think that you are full of trouser shit but if you aren't, you have my e-mail. :)

trousersnakeandlarry

Post by trousersnakeandlarry »

dcarter wrote:Does anyone know if these 2 Sanduskys are a fun goof riff like Drown or if they are full versions?
THey are two perfect full blown versions and I have a copy of each and they are FANTASTIC.

camaroheadus

Post by camaroheadus »

creekwader wrote:
Lord Filthy Von Blumpkin wrote:Speaking of VC, there's some love for the Search over there. I look there maybe every couple months and lo and behold, today I see the VC are calling it the best since Trace. Apparently they're listening to a leaked version, and are doing some sort of tapdance/code-talk around naming the source.

Note: If a source were named I wouldn't repeat it, wouldn't listen, and wouldn't even feel comfortable referring anyone to the VC. :evil:

I must say that I am surprised at how a lid has been kept on this record. I recall a LOT of people HERE listening to Okemah well-before the release date. :?
Yeah, I saw the love on VC. Here's some hate from alt.countrytab.ca:

http://www.altcountrytab.ca/forum/viewt ... sc&start=0

I guess not too surprising that the Wilco types would like this while the 'All songs must contain Heywood in order to be good' crowd ain't pleased.
yeesh. thats harsh stuff on alt.countrytab. i disagree totally.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Does anyone know if these 2 Sanduskys are a fun goof riff like Drown or if they are full versions?

creekwader

Post by creekwader »

Yeah, I saw the love on VC. Here's some hate from alt.countrytab.ca:

http://www.altcountrytab.ca/forum/viewt ... sc&start=0

Lord Filthy Von Blumpkin

Post by Lord Filthy Von Blumpkin »

Speaking of VC, there's some love for the Search over there. I look there maybe every couple months and lo and behold, today I see the VC are calling it the best since Trace. Apparently they're listening to a leaked version, and are doing some sort of tapdance/code-talk around naming the source.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

trousersnakeandlarry

Post by trousersnakeandlarry »

dcarter

Sandusky

Post by dcarter »

I was looking around at www.wilcobase.com under Every Time Played and saw that on 17 November 1996 at the Showbox Theater in Seattle that the 6th song in Wilco's set, after New Madrid and before Red-Eyed And Blue, was Sandusky! On 28 February 1999 at Lounge Ax in Chicago the 24th song in Jeff Tweedy's set, after Down In The Willow Garden and before New Madrid was also Sandusky! :o I would love to hear both of those versions!!