So who bought the album twice?

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

tracer wrote:i bought the picture single on itunes a few weeks ago, bought the 22 song delux version of the album this morning and bought the actual album w/ 3 song bonus cd at best buy during lunch.

all i can say is happy son volt day!
you can say that again!

tracer

Post by tracer »

i bought the picture single on itunes a few weeks ago, bought the 22 song delux version of the album this morning and bought the actual album w/ 3 song bonus cd at best buy during lunch.

tracer

Post by tracer »

i bought the picture single on itunes a few weeks ago, bought the 22 song delux version of the album this morning and bought the actual album w/ 3 song bonus cd at best buy during lunch.

keith21

Post by keith21 »

I bought the iTunes version. I'm hoping I can hold off on buying any CDs until the vinyl version is at least announced. And it will happen. All these extra EPs are great, but this record on vinyl will be SWEET.
Fucking do it, Jay.
BTW, this is my first post on the album that is currently kicking my ass. It's way fucking good. If it wears as well as it's playing right now, I'll have no problem calling it Jay's best ever.

calexico

Post by calexico »

Electric Fetus is great. I do all my online ordering from their Minneapolis store. Great staff too, very helpful even over an e-mail conversation.

jeffra

Post by jeffra »

Jay the "Marketing Genius" strikes again making his loyal bleeding heart fans buy his album twice.... :D

Seriously, I don't mind. I bought the album last night and I thought "That dude could have charged me $25 for the album and I wouldn't have said a word". Ah, the Midnight Volt run...

ScottZeagle

Post by ScottZeagle »

I bought the iTunes version this morning, and will get to Best Buy ASAP....

Hoops

Post by Hoops »

dEvRoNiKa wrote:We don’t have record stores in Houston anymore.
But, you do have Yao Ming.

dEvRoNiKa

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

We don’t have record stores in Houston anymore.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

dcarter wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:
alphabot wrote:
Werst Buy can suck it.
(no offense to those whom have no other choices.)
Yes, Best Buy and it's lost lead theory can go straight to hell.
True. The $9.99 new releases are a loss leader. The key is to screw 'em. The only albums that i purchase from Best Buy are the discounted new releases. They don't get my dollar for anything else. Sensuous Sounds and Vinyl Fever get the rest!
Sensuous Sounds is a gem. Always has some rare stuff. If I was rich I'd have them outfit my place with a state of the art tv and sound system.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

gdavis5446 wrote:
alphabot wrote:
Werst Buy can suck it.
Yes, Best Buy and it's lost lead theory can go straight to hell.
True. The $9.99 new releases are a loss leader. The key is to screw 'em. The only albums that i purchase from Best Buy are the discounted new releases. They don't get my dollar for anything else. Sensuous Sounds and Vinyl Fever get the rest!

dEvRoNiKa

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

Already had the record, but bought the additional 8 tracks this morning off iTunes, going to Best Buy today to get the other dealio. I’ll at least buy it twice, especially since I had a pre-copy of it already. I’m not opposed to pre-release goods because I’ll still pay for it when it comes out.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

alphabot wrote:guilty! Had to have the 22 track version.

Also, gonna get it from Electric Fetus for the bonus disc.

Werst Buy can suck it.
Yes, Best Buy and it's lost lead theory can go straight to hell. Electric Fetus could be the coolest name for a record store that I have ever heard. Does Electric Fetus sell t-shirts? Where the hell is it? I usually hit Vinyl Fever in Tampa. Good store, nice people. When I was single they'd get half my pay every week.

alphabot

Post by alphabot »

guilty! Had to have the 22 track version.

Also, gonna get it from Electric Fetus for the bonus disc.

Werst Buy can suck it.

danmen

Post by danmen »

How are the liner notes. I have the 22 track Itunes now (which does all fit on one CD). I will buy the Best Buy Hard Copy today for the 3 song ep.