Springsteen

lewhoney

jay and bruce

Post by lewhoney »

This may already have mentioned...

Didn't Jay cover Bruce on Stone $ Steel? Got to give it up for the Boss.. My Home Town... it still yearns and burns;

Where is America?

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

manshank wrote:...

Been to several of his shows but my first one was the best. It was 1973 or 1974 in a very small, maybe a 1,000 seats , acoustically perfect venue. Needless to say it was jaw dropping. Never had heard of him prior to that..................
I don't think many people had! You must have seen him just about right at the beginning.

manshank

Post by manshank »

BRUCE..............I use to love me some BRUCE, thne I fell off the wagon. The Rising brought me back some so to speak. My favs are Greetings.....and The Wild...

Been to several of his shows but my first one was the best. It was 1973 or 1974 in a very small, maybe a 1,000 seats , acoustically perfect venue. Needless to say it was jaw dropping. Never had heard of him prior to that..................

Hoops

Post by Hoops »

Trellis wrote:
danmen wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbCvvGNMyOw
Great song from 1985 tour - pretty sure this is where Adam Sandler got his inspiration for his Bruce impressions
I love the nerdy guy playing the piano. The 80s were so hilarious.
What about the nerdy guy singing and playing guitar?

Trellis

Post by Trellis »

danmen wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbCvvGNMyOw
Great song from 1985 tour - pretty sure this is where Adam Sandler got his inspiration for his Bruce impressions
I love the nerdy guy playing the piano. The 80s were so hilarious.

danmen

Post by danmen »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbCvvGNMyOw

Highwater61

Post by Highwater61 »

Being a Jersey Shore, near Asbury Park, resident for 40 years I've lived in Springsteen country full on. He even works out in my gym from time to time. I'm not a big fan and like his older stuff better. He is a really nice guy. He actually surfed with my nephew last summer and was real nice to all the kids on the beach that day.

cailin

Post by cailin »

Plenty of love for Bruce here. I don't really care for Born in the USA but I like everything he has done before and since. My favorite albums are Born to Run, Darkness on the Edge of Town, and Tunnel of Love. The man puts on some amazing shows. When he played Drive All Night on the solo acoustic tour I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

elliegurl

Post by elliegurl »

i like bruce the only thing that really bothers me about the whole bruce thing are his fans who seem to think he is the ONLY person making music worth anything!
i have seen him play once and he does put on a very good show and seems to enjoy every second he is on stage...my fav cd really is the river but i like many of his songs!
ellie

calexico

Post by calexico »

I love me some Bruce. I got into him around the time of The River and then totally hated Born in the USA and took me a while to get back into him. Nebraska, Tom Joad and Darkness are his masterpieces for me. I prefer his music spare and stripped of the bombast of the E Street band, although they put on a massive live show. And for the record, Max Weinberg is a numbnuts.

calexico

Post by calexico »

Hoops wrote:
Lawrence Fan wrote:
bigdaddy wrote:What's happened in this thread is the reason this board had started to blow and blow hard.

Just posted the thread to see what people think about Bruce and why they feel that way because i've always loved the guy. That's all.

But every thread gets hijacked by a couple of guys who feel the need to comment on everything and usually have very little to add to the conversation. Most of the people i've enjoyed reading have already left.
Like who?
Calexico.

You rang?

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Is this the same guy that Lawrence Fan refers to as Springstein?

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

Lawrence Fan wrote:
Talus wrote:
Lawrence Fan wrote:
Talus wrote:
Lawrence Fan wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:That's their loss.
Err......no.
You are Mr. Contrariness lately. Out of greens?
Well, to imply that I am "losing" something by not listening to something I
don't particularly care for is pretty stupid. I mean, why not just come out and say, "You're stupid for not liking X."
You are cranky. Admit it.
I'm just not letting as much stupidity go by unchallenged as I usually do. That's all. ;)
It's about time you stepped up and took a leadership role around here.

danmen

Post by danmen »

Well there's just a spark of campfire burning
Two kids in a sleeping bag beside
I Reach 'neath your shirt, lay my hands across your belly
And feel another one kickin' inside
I ain't gonna f*** it up this time

It's been a long time comin', my dear
It's been a long time comin' but now it's here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DctcskHStlY

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Apparently he is, but I think he is fantastic. I could go out of my way to say this sucks and I don't like that, but why bother? Who has the time really?

Also, Darkness On The Edge Of Town is my favorite. I could listen to Prove It All Night well, all night.