Guitar tone appreciation thread

keith21

Post by keith21 »

I just started with the pedal steel two months ago. That tone is probably just a slightly overdriven amp, whatever he uses. Since the volume pedal is instrumental in playing steel, he can switch from a clean sound at half volume to full vol that breaks up that little bit. I think it's a pretty common steel sound (sweet nonetheless).

Left A Slide

Post by Left A Slide »

That is one sweet tune....

Mule

Post by Mule »

Yeah...I knew it was a pedal steel, just wondered how he used that kind of instrument to get that particular "growl" or somewhat overdriven sound and how he got it break up when it did and be so clear...which brings me back to guitar/amp question for anybody who may know or even better, have seen Eric play Left a Slide live to know what he tweeks to get that sound.

Highwater61

Post by Highwater61 »

Great song. Eric is playing pedal steel on it though not a regula 6 string guitar.

Mule

Guitar tone appreciation thread

Post by Mule »

I am thoroughly in love with Eric's tone on Left A Slide (see Straightaways 10 Years on Thread for more love) that I was hoping someone on here is enough of a gearhead to know how he gets that tone...what guitar / amp combo did he use to get that sound? I again was obviously listening to Straightaways on the way to and from work the other day in honor of the beautiful day it was and how perfect the album is for days like that and driving....and was floored by how great Left a Slide is. I went straight to work, logged on, and promptly sent another e-mail to all of my friends asking that they go and buy the album as a favor to me...you see my b-day is the 15th...and since me and my friends have been scattered all over the country following college, I requested that they hoist a cold one, turn up Straightaways and think of good times on my b-day as a present to me. I know that they'll be the ones who feel like they got a present if they do that. I feel that way everytime I put that album on. Goddang it's the perfect album.