charlotte show review.........

dEvRoNiKa

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

Bound to Get Burned wrote: It really goes to show you that there are numerous hardcore fans out there that aren't represented on this board.
Hey Kendoll. I believe the board is pretty much a “core sample” of fans, but the energy at a show is typically more representative of how people really feel, while they’re knee-deep in the ROCK and have forgotten all their bloggy-bullshit and regular, combative ‘net discourse. Knowhattamean?

Bound to Get Burned

Post by Bound to Get Burned »

yeah man, I was trying to see if I could see you too. I think I remember what you looked like from the Gob Iron show. It was very loud at the stage. Jay's and Chris's amps were both pointed in my direction plus I was near one of the PA speakers. I really didn't hear any keyboards all night and my ears rang all the next day, but I loved it. Met another dude next to me who bought me a PBR - Very Cool! There was a drunk girl who was all around us. I think she wanted more people to dance.

Kenny

It really goes to show you that there are numerous hardcore fans out there that aren't represented on this board.

camaroheadus

Post by camaroheadus »

kenny, i honestly didn't see you, i looked and looked. i couldn't get right up by the stage b/c the guy i was with has been a musician for a long time and can't take the sound at the front anymore. i have never looked for an auburn hat so much in my life :D !

sorry. next time around.

Bound to Get Burned

Post by Bound to Get Burned »

Yeah great show!!! I was right at the stage, so I snagged these pics.

Kenny

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

The whole bullsh&t about Jay's quiet, distant or avoiding people reminds me of when my wife says she hates taking me out with other couples because I might not be friendly enough or not talk enough or whatever.

I just tell her, "fu&k it, you'll get what you get'

queencitymichael

Post by queencitymichael »

encore 2 - 2000 light years

Actually the 2nd encore was Pocahontas

Coffee Creek

Yeah, yeah Cal ... I know that's your line

Post by Coffee Creek »

the Watcher wrote:There is no chin under Jay Farrar's beard. There is only another guitar.
Fixed that for ya. :wink:

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

I'm w/Cam... I saw LA, Chicago and Austin and wish for more.

I only think two cats are bummed, the rest of us are in awe of Jay's show , his voice, his creativity and any new album he produces...especially Search.

the Watcher

Oldie but a goodie...

Post by the Watcher »

There is no chin under Jay Farrar's beard. There is only another fist.

The leading causes of death in the United States are: 1. Heart Disease 2. Chickamauga 3. Cancer

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

:lol: Well said, Cam.

camaroheadus

Post by camaroheadus »

i am sick of the negative shit i have been hearing around here lately. i just don't see what the problem is. The Search is a great fucking album. Period. In a live setting Son Volt kicks so much ass it cannot be measured by any means known to man.

if you disagree, that is fine. you are entitled to your wrong opinion. :D

reisinger

Post by reisinger »

Thanks for the upbeat update Camaro. At twenty bucks a show, I don't need to see the running man to feel I got my money's worth. I saw Robert Earl Keen two nights after Son Volt at the same venue, and Farrar wiped the floor the the REK show.
Next time Farrar goes back to the Visulite Theater, I will drive for it. Which is strange I don't picture Charlotte bringing out the good crowds that they continually produce.

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

Couldn't agree more. Those criticizing the current tour or, more specifically, Jay's stage presence are fucked. One of the things I like MOST about Jay is that he doesn't waste time on inane banter with the crowd. I've been to dozens of shows where I was inwardly pleading with the artist to shut the hell up and play. Jay comes out on stage on time, rips through 20-25 songs, mixes in old standards with the CD he is on tour PROMOTING and finishes up strong with an encore, or two, or three! He is the most professional musician I have ever encountered. The shows never drag, seldom have low points, and they get my aging baby boomer frame back in the rack in time to go to work in the morning.

If you want to see flash pots and political speeches go elsewhere. Jay is about the music, and so are the overwhelming majority of his fans.

keyser soze

Re: charlotte show review.........

Post by keyser soze »

camaroheadus wrote:i do not get the criticism of the live shows of late. IT DOES NOT GET ANY BETTER THAN THE SHOW THAT I SAW.
I couldn't say it any better than that. The show I saw in Atlanta was as good as it gets. Oh wait, he didn't light his asshairs on fire or do backflips on and off stage. Nevermind, the show sucked. What are people expecting, it's Jay Farrar, not an American Idol reject. They wanna see Jay doing the running man during Meth. Wait, I wanna to see that. Just close your eyes and listen, that's what Jay Farrar is all about. Nothing more, nothing less.

camaroheadus

charlotte show review.........

Post by camaroheadus »

sorry for the delay, but i have been on vacation since the show.

i don't know what it is with son volt and the visulite theatre, but they shine in this venue like you wouldn't believe. the setlist was about the same, gramaphone was inserted instead of route. WE GOT 2 ENCORES BITCHES. encore 1 - windfall, live worth livin' (badass), chickamauga. encore 2 - 2000 light years.

chris masterson is the real deal. better than rice imo. he got involved w/ the crowd by throwing out guitar picks and acknowledging insane fan antics.

adrenaline and heresy was played w/ the full band and was awesome.

the house was packed and the performance was unbeliveable. i do not get the criticism of the live shows of late. IT DOES NOT GET ANY BETTER THAN THE SHOW THAT I SAW.