Favorite Song on Terroir Blues?

tad401

All Of Your Might

Post by tad401 »

This album is driving me cray...I have been listening to it almost daily for over a month....right now All of Your Might is my favorite....T

rgk

Post by rgk »

All of your might.

Dent County

Listening to it now....life is good when you work at home and can do that. :wink:

Preacher

Post by Preacher »

"Cahokian" is my favorite.

Honorable mention to "No Rolling Back".

bdfstl2

Post by bdfstl2 »

Cahokian, especially with that cello...

cowboydown

Post by cowboydown »

hanging on to you

cleanslate

Post by cleanslate »

ALL YOUR MIGHT, HANGING ON TO YOU AND OUT ON THE ROAD IN THAT ORDER. ALL YOUR MIGHT MAY BE HIS GREATEST SONG EVER

mcarlton

Post by mcarlton »

After a number of months listening to this.. I will need to add both Heart on the Ground and Fool KIng's Crown. I never liked FKC until after I saw / heard it live at the Chicago JF/Canyon show. Now it is outstanding. I love when I got to see a band live and I change my opinion of a song. I remember doing that When I saw Bob Mould years ago and now I like his Dissapointed track on Black Sheets of Rain.

francesca

Post by francesca »

No Rolling Back II is for sure the best, followed by Hanging on to You II

Sandusky

Post by Sandusky »

Yeah, but even Jay's worst song is 50,000,000,000 times better than the best songs of some of these artists nowadays.

Alexa

Post by Alexa »

I don't esp. like "California" either...not much for me to get into there...it's a snoozer...ZZZZzzzzZZZzzzz....

SonWilco

havent

Post by SonWilco »

I have not listened to this disc after I saw Jay's show in July. Studied the material so I would recognize it at the show but thats it. Great disk, but I'm still loving the old stuff and figure I'll save it for later same with Sebastopol. I've been listening to so much stuff these days hard to get it all in. But my fav would have to be Cahokian, love the story telling stuff.

mcarlton

Post by mcarlton »

Out on the Road and All of your Might.

GrainElevator

Post by GrainElevator »

The last chorus of "Heart on the Ground" when the band is really kicking it is the closest Jay has gotten to really rocking since SV took a break. I love the song but every time I hear it I'm just wishing they'll keep on kicking it through the last chorus.

Montana-Bitterroot

Post by Montana-Bitterroot »

\\Okay, I've had a day and a half to absorb the album and right about now "Heart On The Ground" is my fave. Great hook, and dammit... the drums! THE DRUMS! WE NEED DRUMS!\\

????

Post by Guest »

scooter74 wrote: as far as the opinion that "california" has bad lyrics, i disagree. i live here on the west coast and know a lot about the places and things that he's singing about. the song really conjures up the feeling i get when i travel up and down the coast...just a thought.
i agree. i dig that song. as a kid, i use to surf encinitas. mornings were always best. as an adult, i've lived in sebastopol. interesting town.