Blue Mountain Tour Reviews

partyroy

Post by partyroy »

Drop me a line if you guys need a hook up on this.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Coffee Creek J, if you get a copy, let's trade!!

Coffee Creek

Could ya? Could ya? Huh? Please?!

Post by Coffee Creek »

If anyone downloads the Duck Room show and would be willing to help a slow ass dial up brother out -- PM me. I'd really love a copy of that show.

Thanks,

-- CC

partyroy

Post by partyroy »

Duck Room matrix is on bt.etree.org

I'll check it out tomorrow, should be a good one!!

single fin

Post by single fin »

Im goin Friday night.... stoked!

mraney

Blue Mountain torrent available

Post by mraney »

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=507475

The taper also mentions the Duck Room show will soon be torrented.

Mike Raney

partyroy

Post by partyroy »

I've seen no torrents yet, be patient and hopefully some sbds appear.

slobile

Post by slobile »

anyone know where a guy can get a bittorrent of these new blue mountain shows?

mraney

Blue Mountain June 9 show now streaming

Post by mraney »

You can hear the June 9 Blue Mountain show here:

http://oxfordmusicsnob.com/2007/06/12/s ... ay-june-9/

Great setlist and very good sound.

Mike R.
Austin,TX

O-town_Reb

Post by O-town_Reb »

Long Slow Fade wrote:
O-town_Reb wrote:I talked to Blue Mountain's booking agent last week at the James McMurtry show here in Jackson. He said they are set to record an album this fall, then go on a full blown tour through the winter and spring. That makes me happy.
This isn't entirely true. As it stands, the band are currently feeling things out. If the shows go well... who knows?
I was just passing along what I heard. I just hope it works out.

About the shows, I was at both in Oxford this past weekend. Friday night was probably the best night of music I've ever experienced. These guys haven't missed a beat. Get out and see them if at all possible. Saturday night's covers of "Cortez the Killer" and "Stop Breakin' Down" were amazing. Cary Hudson is one of the most underrated guitarists on earth.

Long Slow Fade

Post by Long Slow Fade »

O-town_Reb wrote:I talked to Blue Mountain's booking agent last week at the James McMurtry show here in Jackson. He said they are set to record an album this fall, then go on a full blown tour through the winter and spring. That makes me happy.
This isn't entirely true. As it stands, the band are currently feeling things out. If the shows go well... who knows?

FIFTH WHEEL

Post by FIFTH WHEEL »

I've seen Blue Mountain at the very least a dozen times and the St. Louis show was just plain awesome. Can't wait to see them again and a new c.d. would be a dream come true. Gooooooooood to see Frank on drums again.
Also the great Mark Bilyeu in attendance. "Burn Brightly", "Burn Brightly" my friend.

Acoustic Jet Ear

First show of tour in St. Louis

Post by Acoustic Jet Ear »

I saw Blue Mountain last night on the first night of the reunion tour, at the Duck Room in St. Louis as part of Twangfest. It was GREAT. After three hours of Two Cow Garage, Carrie Rodriquez and Tim Easton, the reunion kicked off with "Mountain Girl," the first track from Dog Days. I've seen a lot of Cary Hudson shows since the breakup, both electric w/band and acoustic, but when Laurie chimed in with the harmony on the chorus, it was an almost indescribable feeling of homecoming. How great to hear this combo together again. There's no doubt that Cary Hudson is the main creative spark behind the band, but there is no question that there is something very special about the way this trio plays together. Smiles all around, especially from Cary, who looked happy to be falling into these familiar grooves again. Laurie and Frank admitted to a bit of nervousness before the show, but all three were playing as if they had put on well-worn pair of jeans. A few minor clams produced knowing smiles from the rhythm section, to be expected on the first night. Some of the best guitar work I've ever heard from Cary. Laurie mentioned the mailing list so they could let everyone know when they would come back in the fall (audience member: "less mailing list, more rock!"), and Cary has told me of their plans to record a CD and release it on Laurie's Broadmoor label, so all indications are that these progenitors of alt-country are BACK. Do yourself a favor and get to one of these shows. The show ended with Cary-Laurie duo harmonies on "Cinammon Girl."

How unlikely, that a divorced couple could display the maturity to make the music work again. Could it be that seemingly impossible reunions might just be possible?

O-town_Reb

Re: Blue Mountain Tour Reviews

Post by O-town_Reb »

Blimps Go 90 wrote:Just made my day when I checked Shank Hall's site and saw Blue Mountain is returning to the place I fell in love with them on June 22nd.

Hopefully this thread will be full of great reviews, setlists, pictures...ect.

This is a great interview with Blue Mountain featuring Laurie Stiratt (the bassist for BM). It gives a great background on the band and the town that is referenced in my handle, Oxford. And for Wilco fans, there are a few John Stiratt references.

http://www.thelocalvoice.net/LocalVoice ... 29-web.pdf

I'm a younger fan, 26, and Blue Mountain was the band that made me realize that the best music didn't come on the radio. They are the reason I discovered Son Volt and every other band I listen to today, so obviously, they hold a special place in my heart.

So go see them if they come close. They will not disappoint.

Ryan Adams

Post by Ryan Adams »

I love BM. I saw them many years ago and thought Carey seemed like a great guy. Godspeed BM.