Calexico

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

Also, my number one thing I tell musicians who play here in Houston is: "Thanks a lot for playing here, a lot of people pass us by. People here really appreciate you making the trip."

If that annoys a musician...they're a cock.

sam6025

Re: For real?

Post by sam6025 »

the Watcher wrote:Is all this anti-Spencer sentiment for real? I don't see what the problem was. I do find it funny, however, that some of the heavy posters have complained that not enough players in the Jay Farrar universe post here, but then when they do folks get all e-sensitive and e-angry, to-wit: Spencer and Duplantis posts. :lol: You all want to view someone as a douche, I'd take a check in the ol' bathroom mirror. :?
Perhaps. I'm not the one who decided to make fun of fans who ask expected questions of musicians. "Don't ask how the tour is going or talk about the show!" Why not? You both just experienced it together. Hell, I tape every show my band plays and I pick it apart to find new changes, new set orders, etc. I'd love people to come up and tell me how it was or what they liked/didn't liked. Of course, I've never played with a bunch of badasses, so my perspective may change one day.

I'm not even saying Spencer is a bad dude, but he did come off as an ungrateful snot. It's the equivilent of shit-talking a kid who comes into your bosses store for asking how to tune a guitar.

camaroheadus

Post by camaroheadus »

twitcher73 wrote:
sam6025 wrote:
calexico wrote:
Lord Filthy Von Blumpkin wrote:So that's why he's been AWOL from this forum - to carve out some practice time for this big appearance. And here I thought it was because the good Mr. Spencer burst his super-fan bubble with the seemingly obvious disclosure that fan-musician interactions are often not as meaningful for the musician as they are for the fan. :?

Hardly a super fan of anything, so check that at the door. Made some good mates here but there are too many people here with their head up their own arses so why bother.
Don't let one ungrateful hired gun bum you out. Some people just get bitter they're a supporting cast member and not the lead.

Word... Cal, the dude wishes he even had fans... notice how he kept saying "I've seen my friends..." Right! Because no one cares if you played guitar for Lisa Loeb.

What dillweed needs to remember is that its consumers who support him, and when you F&*k with the consumers, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

With a little luck, the big Jayfers in the sky won't hire him for any more gigs...
you gotta be kiddin' twitch. don't hire spencer? mark and jay have an unbelievable chemistry that many around here believe is jay's best incarnation of his work. just because spencer has some strong opinions doesn't mean he isn't one HELL of a performer. i for one am a mark spencer fan.

the Watcher

For real?

Post by the Watcher »

Is all this anti-Spencer sentiment for real? I don't see what the problem was. I do find it funny, however, that some of the heavy posters have complained that not enough players in the Jay Farrar universe post here, but then when they do folks get all e-sensitive and e-angry, to-wit: Spencer and Duplantis posts. :lol: You all want to view someone as a douche, I'd take a check in the ol' bathroom mirror. :?

twitcher73

Post by twitcher73 »

sam6025 wrote:
calexico wrote:
Lord Filthy Von Blumpkin wrote:So that's why he's been AWOL from this forum - to carve out some practice time for this big appearance. And here I thought it was because the good Mr. Spencer burst his super-fan bubble with the seemingly obvious disclosure that fan-musician interactions are often not as meaningful for the musician as they are for the fan. :?

Hardly a super fan of anything, so check that at the door. Made some good mates here but there are too many people here with their head up their own arses so why bother.
Don't let one ungrateful hired gun bum you out. Some people just get bitter they're a supporting cast member and not the lead.

Word... Cal, the dude wishes he even had fans... notice how he kept saying "I've seen my friends..." Right! Because no one cares if you played guitar for Lisa Loeb.

What dillweed needs to remember is that its consumers who support him, and when you F&*k with the consumers, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

With a little luck, the big Jayfers in the sky won't hire him for any more gigs...

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

calexico wrote:

camaroheadus

Post by camaroheadus »

funny how the people w/ the most posts trout mouth the site.

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

calexico wrote:

Amen, kinda! - Personally I think it's more fun to plant vegetables in the garden and watch them grow :idea:

ScottZeagle

Post by ScottZeagle »

Damn....

It's been nice knowing you Cal...

8)

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

cal, if you come back to visit i promise no more rotten jokes only really funny ones:

A man walks into a bar and orders a triple scotch. As the bartender pours the drink, he remarks, "That's quite a heavy drink. What's the problem?"
After quickly downing his drink, the man replies, "I found my wife in bed with my best friend."
'Wow," says the barkeep. "What did you do about it?" "I walked over to my wife, looked her in the eye, told her to pack her stuff, and get the hell out."
"That makes sense," remarks the barkeep... "And, what about your best friend?"
"I looked him right in the eye and yelled, "Bad Dog"

ScottZeagle

Post by ScottZeagle »

I thought it was the Sturgeon Generals rotten jokes that ran Cal off???

:lol:

Spark Mensa

Post by Spark Mensa »

calexico wrote:

Nice arse!

calexico

Post by calexico »

countryfeedback

Post by countryfeedback »

Can someone please bump this post? It must have been quite harsh for someone of Calexico's posting prolificy, to have vanished completely. Has anyone tried to pm him?

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

Lawrence Fan wrote:I'm pretty damn sure it was the tone with which Mr. Spencer delivered his
opinion on the matter that Cal took exception to. I didn't really see what the
fuss was about, but I'm indifferent about most things, so what do I know.
fucking Cal better get his ass back in here... :evil: