Anybody know anything about Gomez?

sand dusky

Post by sand dusky »

maura tierney wrote:I saw one of the first shows Gomez ever played: they were so bad that people were just standing there laughing!
Are you sure they weren't laughing at the guy from Southampton who was passed out on the floor lying in a pool of his own vomit?

peainthepod

Post by peainthepod »

maura tierney

Post by maura tierney »

I saw one of the first shows Gomez ever played: they were so bad that people were just standing there laughing!

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

calexico wrote:I thought the debut album very, very good but it's been a little bit of a diminishing return since then I think. Not bad but certainly better stuff out there.
I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully no one scolds me, but they always seemed like a poor mans Grandaddy.

calexico

Post by calexico »

I thought the debut album very, very good but it's been a little bit of a diminishing return since then I think. Not bad but certainly better stuff out there.

spayne99

Post by spayne99 »

Their first album "Bring It On" is really good. I think they won the Mercury Prize for this one.

countryfeedback

Post by countryfeedback »

Postcard,
A female friend of mine wants to thank you profusely for mentioning Gomez. I went to their website and noted that they are playing a show in Austin and tickets go on sale tommorow. This is the only non-support show they are playing on this tour (opening for the Fray otherwise). I just called to let her know and she almost fainted.

She is to Gomez what Devronika is to Son Volt. She had been tied up in changing jobs and going away on business that she hadnt visited their site in a whole TWO WEEKS. Apparently they just scheduled this show recently and this was the first she had heard of it.

I guess she should also thank Boogieman, for had he not put their myspace link on this thread, I never would have seen it.

BoogieMan

Post by BoogieMan »

They're a cool band but I'm not crazy about them. Love the song How We Operate on the myspace site:

http://www.myspace.com/gomez

twitcher73

Re: Anybody know anything about Gomez?

Post by twitcher73 »

postcard7 wrote:A friend recommened them to me. I've never heard of them. Anyone have any good or bad things to say about them?
I like what I've heard, though the extent of that is limited - kind of a cool subtle indie vibe. It's nothing I would sell the farm for, but if I heard them on the local college rock station, I would camp out and listen.

postcard7

Anybody know anything about Gomez?

Post by postcard7 »

A friend recommened them to me. I've never heard of them. Anyone have any good or bad things to say about them?