Farrar-Tweedy Split?

camaroheadus

Post by camaroheadus »

dcarter wrote:I want to have one of Jeff's kids! My wife wants to have one of John Stirrat's.
i wouldn't mind having one of shannon mcnally's kids.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

I want to have one of Jeff's kids! My wife wants to have one of John Stirrat's.

Lord Filthy Von Blumpkin

Post by Lord Filthy Von Blumpkin »

SPIKE wrote:That Relix interview makes me think of my wife's business partner. She's really bitchy about our kids when they're up there I think it's because she's not able to conceive. When we had twins it got worse. Then she tells my wife about a friend who had a dream the she was having twins and makes said partner promise to take one if that ever happens. Now she's made several comments about takigng one of our twins. We don't know how to take that.

A band is a business and members are partners. Her business was all happy and good in the beginning but when one person does all the work and the other takes all the credit, the partnership wears thin. A UT spilt is inevitable. Customers are unaware and will be heart broken. Even so I can tell you, once it's dissolved, there won't be a reunion tour--ever!
What??

So...Jeff wants one of Jay's kids? Or the other way around?

:?

SPIKE

Post by SPIKE »

That Relix interview makes me think of my wife's business partner. She's really bitchy about our kids when they're up there I think it's because she's not able to conceive. When we had twins it got worse. Then she tells my wife about a friend who had a dream the she was having twins and makes said partner promise to take one if that ever happens. Now she's made several comments about takigng one of our twins. We don't know how to take that.

A band is a business and members are partners. Her business was all happy and good in the beginning but when one person does all the work and the other takes all the credit, the partnership wears thin. A UT spilt is inevitable. Customers are unaware and will be heart broken. Even so I can tell you, once it's dissolved, there won't be a reunion tour--ever!

grainpulp

Post by grainpulp »

matt wrote:Jay mentioned in a recent interview that he had actually run into Jeff in Mexico while on vacation.

Exclusive video of their meeting is now being released - looks like they were having a good time together: http://www.jibjab.com/starring_you/receipt/2192176

I think the official reunion is imminent.
oh my god.

dEvRoNiKa

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

Jeff used to be one of my imaginary husbands. But I fake-divorced his ass and took half his imaginary shit.

So long, sucka!!

glgbill

Post by glgbill »

Antelope850 wrote:Here's a little more from Jay on the split and the Kot book:

http://harpmagazine.com/articles/detail ... le_id=3195
That was a great read, as was the Relix interview. Very much appreciated.

Antelope850

Post by Antelope850 »

Here's a little more from Jay on the split and the Kot book:

http://harpmagazine.com/articles/detail ... le_id=3195

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

:lol: Nice video. I can't wait for the LUAU tour.

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

glgbill wrote:
Sticky wrote:I wasn't around for the final breakup, but was around the first time Jay quit. I've only read excerpts from the Kot book and they were, to my knowledge, very inaccurate. The simplest answer is: once Mike quit, they were doomed.

chris
I'm reading the Kot book right now, and the link between their split and Mike's decision to leave the band echoes loudly there as well. Reading a little between the lines, I'm guessing that immaturity played a big role as well. Pride, stubbornness, and a couple other deadly sins probably made an appearance too. But it's still early. They haven't broken up yet, much less not gotten back together.

Are there past threads on this site where it's been discussed, dissected or disputed? I'd love reopen the conversation, but imagine it's a weary topic for some.
Most people here like to play the "leave the past alone" game, as invariably any talk of this nature will turn to reunion speculation. You also get a lot of "the breakup was good because now we have two great bands in the place of one", a view I don't share. So yeah, most people don't like to talk about it. My personal feeling is that Jay's ego probably played a bigger role than fans care to admit, but also that Jeff was far from "shocked, hurt and surprised" by Jay decision, contrary to what Kott will you believe. There were no innocents.

glgbill

Post by glgbill »

Sticky wrote:I wasn't around for the final breakup, but was around the first time Jay quit. I've only read excerpts from the Kot book and they were, to my knowledge, very inaccurate. The simplest answer is: once Mike quit, they were doomed.

chris
I'm reading the Kot book right now, and the link between their split and Mike's decision to leave the band echoes loudly there as well. Reading a little between the lines, I'm guessing that immaturity played a big role as well. Pride, stubbornness, and a couple other deadly sins probably made an appearance too. But it's still early. They haven't broken up yet, much less not gotten back together.

Are there past threads on this site where it's been discussed, dissected or disputed? I'd love reopen the conversation, but imagine it's a weary topic for some.

glgbill

Post by glgbill »

matt wrote:Jay mentioned in a recent interview that he had actually run into Jeff in Mexico while on vacation.

Exclusive video of their meeting is now being released - looks like they were having a good time together: http://www.jibjab.com/starring_you/receipt/2192176

Pure evil.

:mrgreen:

Post by Sticky »

I wasn't around for the final breakup, but was around the first time Jay quit. I've only read excerpts from the Kot book and they were, to my knowledge, very inaccurate. The simplest answer is: once Mike quit, they were doomed.

chris

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

OK that was pretty funny but you really should be banned or at least severely beaten for it. :lol:

matt

Post by matt »

Jay mentioned in a recent interview that he had actually run into Jeff in Mexico while on vacation.