Farrar-Tweedy Split?

calexico

Post by calexico »

countryfeedback wrote:
trousersnakeandlarry wrote:
countryfeedback wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:Jay and Jeff's movie reminds me of that movie the Breakup with Vince Vaughn and Brad Pitt's girlfriend. Although maybe they should have used Uncle Tupelo in that movie instead of the Old 97's even though they were the only reason I sat through that flick. The part where Vince Vaughn stands up that gal at the Old 97's show really burns my ass. How can you blow off tickets to see those guys live? The freaking rock.
I hear ya. That part really did piss me off. I must say that the movie depicts my wife and myselfs relationship to a tee. The scene where she berates him for not "wanting to do the dishes" really hit home for me. My wife ended up having to walk outside and smoke a cigarette (she rarely smokes anymore) during that scene because it her like a ton of bricks.

It's embarrasing to admit that this movie was somewhat theraputic for both of us.
Your wife got big jugs like Jeniffer Anniston?

Do tell!
Lets just say that I resemble Vince Vaughn more than she resembles Jennifer Anniston. God, I hope she doesnt read this thing. :D

Obviously she is too busy doing dishes.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Oh, snap!! Potential extortion of countryfeedback in process!

countryfeedback

Post by countryfeedback »

trousersnakeandlarry wrote:
countryfeedback wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:Jay and Jeff's movie reminds me of that movie the Breakup with Vince Vaughn and Brad Pitt's girlfriend. Although maybe they should have used Uncle Tupelo in that movie instead of the Old 97's even though they were the only reason I sat through that flick. The part where Vince Vaughn stands up that gal at the Old 97's show really burns my ass. How can you blow off tickets to see those guys live? The freaking rock.
I hear ya. That part really did piss me off. I must say that the movie depicts my wife and myselfs relationship to a tee. The scene where she berates him for not "wanting to do the dishes" really hit home for me. My wife ended up having to walk outside and smoke a cigarette (she rarely smokes anymore) during that scene because it her like a ton of bricks.

It's embarrasing to admit that this movie was somewhat theraputic for both of us.

Do tell!
Lets just say that I resemble Vince Vaughn more than she resembles Jennifer Anniston. God, I hope she doesnt read this thing. :D

trousersnakeandlarry

Post by trousersnakeandlarry »

countryfeedback wrote:

Do tell!

countryfeedback

Post by countryfeedback »

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Totally unrealistic. True 97s fans, like you and I for instance, wouldn't blow off a show for any reason.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Jay and Jeff's movie reminds me of that movie the Breakup with Vince Vaughn and Brad Pitt's girlfriend. Although maybe they should have used Uncle Tupelo in that movie instead of the Old 97's even though they were the only reason I sat through that flick. The part where Vince Vaughn stands up that gal at the Old 97's show really burns my ass. How can you blow off tickets to see those guys live? The freaking rock.

SPIKE

Post by SPIKE »

Basically, my wife’s impending business partnership break up is analogous to early stages of the UT break up in my mind because some lady who talks more than works wants to eat one of my children. :D

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

"...but when one person does all the work and the other takes all the credit, the partnership wears thin."

Are you saying that Farrar did all of the work and Tweedy took all of the credit? I am not trying to be a jerk at all. I am only trying to understand. :)

SPIKE

Post by SPIKE »

I meant the "He's admitted things like he'd looked through my mail. That coupled with the idea that he 'wanted to be me,' I'm still perplexed by that. I don't understand it." part. Jeff now creeps me out as much as the business partner, but nevermind now this thread has already had a runnaway.

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

Lord Filthy Von Blumpkin wrote:
farrarfan1 wrote:
dcarter wrote:I want to have one of Jeff's kids!
I would love to pop the top of your skull off just to see what your brain looks like. :P
You mean like Kevin Dillon's character ("Bunny") did to that cognitively delayed Vietnamese character ("gook") in Platoon? Repeated strikes to the head from the butt of a governement-issue rifle? :shock:
I meant that figuratively. Although...

Lord Filthy Von Blumpkin

Post by Lord Filthy Von Blumpkin »

farrarfan1 wrote:
I would love to pop the top of your skull off just to see what your brain looks like. :P
You mean like Kevin Dillon's character ("Bunny") did to that cognitively delayed Vietnamese character ("gook") in Platoon? Repeated strikes to the head from the butt of a governement-issue rifle? :shock:

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

:lol:

camaroheadus

Post by camaroheadus »

farrarfan1 wrote:
it has to look like the light show from a wilco concert. :D

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »