SPOILER ALERT (too late, so give me a f'ing break)!!!

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

This all very interesting, of course, but...do they EVER get off the island?!?

;)

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

hollywood44 wrote:McNulty not making it looks like a very real possibility.

I think it's also a possibility that Omar gets his revenge from beyond. Consider: he'd put it out on the streets far and wide that Marlo is a punk, and the streets were watching...and saw Marlo do nothing. I think that it wasn't just egomania that fueled Marlo's blow-up in the holding cell (the first emotion we've seen at all from the cool-as-a-cucumber Marlo), but also fear that his street strength has been compromised. Just as Omar's being "gimpy as a motherfucker" pierced his aura of invincibility in the eyes of young Kenard, so too might Marlo's not stepping to Omar take him down a few notches in the eyes of any of a number of bangers.

The big cliffhanger is whether Daniels and Pearlman cover up the bogus CI that Lester and McNulty used. They (Daniels and Pearlman) are in a trick bag: either Marlo and crew get cut loose b/c of the bogus affidavits (fruit of the poisonous tree, all that), which would be a horrible career move for them, as well as Carcetti, or they cover it up, which makes them just as bad as the crooks, in a sense.

Wire trivia (per NY Times article): Omar is loosely based on a real life dude named Donny Andrews who used to do armed robberies on dealers. The real life Donny Andrews played "Donny" on the show, the dude who went into Monk's apartment with Omar and caught one in the dome. Apparently Omar's jumping from the balcony is based on something Donny claims to have done in order to escape a hailstorm of slugs back in the day.
great stuff. so many questions. do we find out who is behind Prop Joe's leaked indictments? will Prez come back and save Dukie's day/life? what will the dude Gus sent to follow Templeton find out? do Jay and the FBI already know? are we done with the Greeks? will we get an Avon appearance? could Bunk end up trying to help McNulty? can Daniels look any skinnier?

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

for what it's worth, we won't have to wait until 9pm Sunday to watch the last ever episode of The Wire!!!

with daylight savings time starting this weekend it will actually feel like 8pm on our individual "body clocks"... :idea:

hollywood44

Post by hollywood44 »

McNulty not making it looks like a very real possibility.

I think it's also a possibility that Omar gets his revenge from beyond. Consider: he'd put it out on the streets far and wide that Marlo is a punk, and the streets were watching...and saw Marlo do nothing. I think that it wasn't just egomania that fueled Marlo's blow-up in the holding cell (the first emotion we've seen at all from the cool-as-a-cucumber Marlo), but also fear that his street strength has been compromised. Just as Omar's being "gimpy as a motherfucker" pierced his aura of invincibility in the eyes of young Kenard, so too might Marlo's not stepping to Omar take him down a few notches in the eyes of any of a number of bangers.

The big cliffhanger is whether Daniels and Pearlman cover up the bogus CI that Lester and McNulty used. They (Daniels and Pearlman) are in a trick bag: either Marlo and crew get cut loose b/c of the bogus affidavits (fruit of the poisonous tree, all that), which would be a horrible career move for them, as well as Carcetti, or they cover it up, which makes them just as bad as the crooks, in a sense.

Wire trivia (per NY Times article): Omar is loosely based on a real life dude named Donny Andrews who used to do armed robberies on dealers. The real life Donny Andrews played "Donny" on the show, the dude who went into Monk's apartment with Omar and caught one in the dome. Apparently Omar's jumping from the balcony is based on something Donny claims to have done in order to escape a hailstorm of slugs back in the day.

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

I agree with the McNulty prediction, I was thinking that during this weeks episode.

danmen

Post by danmen »

Lakefork wrote:Thanks for the info danmen and dc.

Since I live in a small crappy town looks like I'll have to fork over and buy the DVD's
Depending on how quick you churn thru movies, I'd recommend Netflix. You sign up for a $16.99/mo 3 at a time plan and in less than 2 months (approx $36 after tax) you will have been able to watch all 4 seasons for less than the cost of 2 used seasons on amazon... plus the Netflix rules. And yes, you can cancel at any time, but try to time it where you cancel at the END of your billing cycle as you will not get a refund for unusued time (but you are just paying month to month)

Lakefork

Post by Lakefork »

Thanks for the info danmen and dc.

Since I live in a small crappy town looks like I'll have to fork over and buy the DVD's

danmen

Post by danmen »

DC, since you are reading here and everyone seems to love Wilco threads...I saw Wilco last night in Mobile.
Fan-F*ing-Tastic!
My faavorite parts was seeing a grown man (Nels) wearing pants so short his beetle boots did not reach the cuffs. Nels reminded me of David Bowie crossed with Timmy from Sounthpark. Serioulsy though, that was a great show. Some major fanboy dorkness abounded, but it was a good experience, one I would certainly enjoy repeating.

P.S. The Wire is 1h:30m on this weeks TV scheudle.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

I always discuss it somewhere else. I never thought about discussing it here. Damn. Calm down, fella! :wink:

the Watcher

wha wha what?

Post by the Watcher »

Wow. A few things here.

First of all, all you a-holes are Wire fans and we've had to catch thread after thread of Tweedy-Farrar compare/contrast instead of discussion, analysis and prediction of the most socially significant yet criminally underratedshow of the past several years? I want to say that this is unbelievable, but it's pretty typical of how this place rolls.

Second, SJ...need to title that thread a little better homey. I'd already seen the ep, but dang. That's cold.

Third [EUROS AND DVDers DON'T READ FURTHER]

REALLY

GONE?

IF NOT...I WARNED YOU

How does this shake out? I think McNulty offs himself. Seriously. He's bummed, the house of cards is going to fall, and Beadie's speech about "family, and if you're lucky...a few friends that are like family" seems to foreshadow his demise.

Damn do I hope Slim Charles throws some hot ones into Marlo/Cheese/Monk. I can't see Chris making bail, what with the murder rap. If you watched the preview you know that Cheese and Marlow at least make bail. Michael may make his play for the crown, maybe that's it.

Let's discuss this show, please, rather than Tweedy's and Farrar's respective commercial successes. :x

Frisky77

Post by Frisky77 »

Not sure about this...but I heard that the final episode will not be put On Demand until after its "official" airdate....which is this Sunday the 9th.

Anyone know if its on demand?....It'd be on there now if my infos incorrect.

For the person who posted who is just getting into the show...do yourself a favor and rent Season 1 and go from there.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Damn! I though there'd be 2 or 3 more at least. It is all going to wrapup damned quick, then. :shock:

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

That's the way I understood it, last episode ever.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Hank, are you telling me that the episode that I am going to watch on HBO ON DEMAND tomorrow night, the one that will first air on HBO this Sunday, is the final episode??!!! Say it ain't so!

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

Cannot believe there is only one more episode left.

What the hell am I supposed to do after that?