New Orleans 4.15.08

anadyne2112

Post by anadyne2112 »

WOW! I am soooo glad there are some Steve Morse fans on this board. I'm a big Morse head. Learning to play Highland Wedding is my most proud accomplishment on guitar.

Seen him several times. Dave LaRue is one of the best bass players ever. Plus, Steve is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. He'll talk to you and has no problem explaining how he does things.

Amazing player. I wish he would quit DPurple though and make Dave leave Satriani so they can make another killer album.

I miss not hearing any new Morse tracks. He always inspires me.

Lakefork

Post by Lakefork »

No way man--the LA LA LA song is better

danmen

Post by danmen »

*bump*

hardwood floor

Re: Go there and rock The Volt

Post by hardwood floor »

Grifterwithafunnylittleha wrote:I saw the Steve Morse band there
we put on a dixie dregs show in college ... i pretty much stalked t lavitz until he would discuss the solo from "I'll Just Pick" with me ... then he asked me to clean his keys on stage with ammonia ... big day for me!
Grifterwithafunnylittleha wrote:Maybe I even saw Zebra there
"Who's Behind that Door" is the greatest song ever
Grifterwithafunnylittleha wrote:Muddy Waters, perhaps?
we also put on a muddy waters show in college. james cotton band opened & i remember getting to smoke some weed with Muddy and meet Pinetop Perkins. great moment in my life. Muddy liked bananas

danmen

Post by danmen »

grifter, will you be there?
I love the Camelia Grill's Chedder Chili Omelet (which is much better than it even sounds). I am glad to know the recipe and quality remains unchanged. My last visit to NO was Summer of '04... I am missing the Volt in Bham two days prior as I will be in Dallas for Springsteen...

Grifterwithafunnylittleha

Go there and rock The Volt

Post by Grifterwithafunnylittleha »

Tipitina's is legendary. I saw the Steve Morse band there on the Tumeni Notes tour, not to mention a host of other shows through the years. Maybe I even saw Zebra there, but that must have been at a club downtown. Muddy Waters, perhaps?

If you are anywhere within even a reasonable (meaning 24 hours) driving distance, you have to case the Cresent City for The Volt.

Also, though the Camelia Grille isn't under the same ownership since the disastrous storm by "who shall not be named," I'm fairly certain the chili cheddar omelet and dose of french fries still meets the mark. If anything, you should go have lunch at Russell's Marina on Lake Ponchartrain. The steakhouses stole their Onion Mum recipe years ago.

If you drive through Mandeville, tell my girls hello.

No excuses, Donnie.

Love,
Golden Corn Ponie

danmen

New Orleans 4.15.08

Post by danmen »

Anyone going? I may go solo as I'll be nearby on a work trip. How's Tiptina's Uptown?