Louisville, KY Setlist 4.9.08

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

danmen wrote:
farrarfan1 wrote:
danmen wrote:Thanks for posting!
Was Voodoo the same 3 chord version from last tour and Gob Iron? If so, I have been screaming the virtues of the retooled version for at least a year. I am glad it is catching on, looking forward to Tipitinas next week.
You're quite welcome, sir. I didn't see them on the last tour(sick) and I wouldn't know a 3 chord version if you hit me with one so I can't answer. All I can tell you is it is quite spectacular.
This was last year's take on Voodoo
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=1

sorry in advance for the horrid audio... it was eardrum ripping loud and my crappy camera microphone was not up to the task. I personlly could not hear well for about 6 days after this show...

Upcoming shows:
Springsteen - Dallas 4.13.08
Son Volt - New Orleans 4.15.08
On that same page, who is the band covering Drown?

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

thatbeat wrote:what time did Son Volt actually come on stage?
Around 10:40 or so.

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

danmen wrote:
farrarfan1 wrote:
Was Voodoo the same 3 chord version from last tour and Gob Iron? If so, I have been screaming the virtues of the retooled version for at least a year. I am glad it is catching on, looking forward to Tipitinas next week.
You're quite welcome, sir. I didn't see them on the last tour(sick) and I wouldn't know a 3 chord version if you hit me with one so I can't answer. All I can tell you is it is quite spectacular.

sorry in advance for the horrid audio... it was eardrum ripping loud and my crappy camera microphone was not up to the task. I personlly could not hear well for about 6 days after this show...

Upcoming shows:
That's it. I'm surprised your camera survived it, especially the last 45 seconds or so with Jay tearing it up.
Last edited by farrarfan1 on Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

what time did Son Volt actually come on stage?

danmen

Post by danmen »

farrarfan1 wrote:

Upcoming shows:

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

danmen

Post by danmen »

Thanks for posting!

Godsownsinger

Post by Godsownsinger »

ScottZeagle wrote:I can't believe that I'm going to say this...but....

I hope Jay plays that exact same set on Saturday!!!

:shock:

I hope its repeated at Gruene Hall too!

dprice

Post by dprice »

Can I just say I'm psyched to see Creosote on this list. I love me some Straightaways and that song along with Last Minute Shakedown (wish he was playing it!) are probably my two favorites on that alb. Can't wait for tonight! Say hello to the blue side hangin round...

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

countryfeedback wrote:How was the crowd?

I noticed they played two encores. Do you think that was planned or did you guys raise the roof and force the boys to come back out for Windfall?
Crowd was loud as hell. After the first encore ended the tech came out and took his mic out of the stand like he was going to start breaking everything down.When they came back he had to replace the mic. I want to believe we brought them back but who knows?

countryfeedback

Post by countryfeedback »

How was the crowd?

I noticed they played two encores. Do you think that was planned or did you guys raise the roof and force the boys to come back out for Windfall?

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

ScottZeagle wrote:I can't believe that I'm going to say this...but....

Probably a safe bet...

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

gdavis5446 wrote:
farrarfan1 wrote:Megaballs, Big Sur was a pretty light song. Jay even talked a little about it being from the movie soundtrack.

Yeah like the Senor said, Voodoo Candle stole the show. He actually laughed a couple of times at stuff between songs and like you said he looked around at the crowd.

Sorry you were sick. I set at a table under the balcony right by the entrance to the ladies room.
Did Voodoo Candle at least force you to your feet? On top of the table maybe?
:lol: Yeah nobody sat through that one. I saw one guy get out of a wheelchair and another tossed his cane. It really was a Holy Shit, what just happened song.

ScottZeagle

Post by ScottZeagle »

I can't believe that I'm going to say this...but....

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

farrarfan1 wrote:Megaballs, Big Sur was a pretty light song. Jay even talked a little about it being from the movie soundtrack.

Yeah like the Senor said, Voodoo Candle stole the show. He actually laughed a couple of times at stuff between songs and like you said he looked around at the crowd.

Sorry you were sick. I set at a table under the balcony right by the entrance to the ladies room.
Did Voodoo Candle at least force you to your feet? On top of the table maybe?