Post by Texas Tom »

REM - Perfect Circle

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

el caballo loco

tillotson505

Post by tillotson505 »

I think we all have listened to the same album more than once in a row.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

oops!

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

hardwood floor

Post by hardwood floor »

barclocksays3am wrote:I`m a big GBV fan but they never did anything really spectacular since Under The Bushes Under The Stars.Since then Uncle Bobby just seems to come up with a few choice tunes and the rest average to forgetable.Alien Lanes,B1000,Vampire On Titus,Propeller,Same Place The Fly Got Smashed,and Sandbox are so good I`m sure I`ll love them the rest of my life.
that's cool

personally, i think Universal Truths & Cycles, Isolation Drills, Earthquake Glue, From a Compound Eye and Half Smiles are every bit as great as anything outside the holy trinity of alien lanes, b000 and under the bushes.

and some of the mid-period solo stuff - lexo & the leapers, choreographed man of war, speak kindly, motel of fools, the incredibly underrated fiction man - is in that league too

but this new stuff? shockingly bad to my ears

calexico

Post by calexico »

el caballo loco

barclocksays3am

Post by barclocksays3am »

hardwood floor wrote:
el caballo loco wrote:Image
opinion?

i find it borderline unlistenable, yet another in an endless series of horribly thin, boring, irrelevant, musically hapless pollard projects

really his last great record was From a Compound Eye and his last good one was keene brothers. this from somebody who put out like 40 straight magical releases from vampire/propeller all the way through Half Smiles & FaCE

i'm just stunned how a guy i consider the most inventive songwriter / arranger / performer / in pop music history can release record after record of completely vapid songs. this one may be even more forgettable than the last few

sad

I`m a big GBV fan but they never did anything really spectacular since Under The Bushes Under The Stars.Since then Uncle Bobby just seems to come up with a few choice tunes and the rest average to forgetable.Alien Lanes,B1000,Vampire On Titus,Propeller,Same Place The Fly Got Smashed,and Sandbox are so good I`m sure I`ll love them the rest of my life.

Listening to:PJ Harvey/John Parish-Dance Hall At Louse Point(not her best for sure but better than Uh Huh Her though)

Texas Tom

Post by Texas Tom »

CSNY - FREEDOM OF SPEECH TOUR 06 - 7/6/06 Camden NJ Tweeter Center

el caballo loco

tillotson505

Post by tillotson505 »

Bruce Springsteen > Devils and Dust Tour Compilation > discs 1-7

Lots 'o Bruce today.

el caballo loco

hardwood floor wrote:
el caballo loco wrote:Image
opinion?
I'm a fairly casual Pollard/GBV fan. I really like Compound and Crickets. As for his GBV output, I'm fairly green. I like Earwig, Alien, and Bee. I wouldn't really say I have that much of any expectations when it comes to his work. I like Business. It's more polished than his older stuff, but it's a solid listen.