2008 MLB

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

Electric Light Orchestra...Showdown

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

manshank wrote:Big series coming up, could be thier benchmark........wow big series with the Rays...........nice
Exactly. I honestly think the two best teams in the AL are again in the East, the Rays and Sox. This will be a great series. These pitchers are so good. And to think the Rays best pitcher is probably still in the Minors. His name is David Price and he is unreal.

manshank

Post by manshank »

Big series coming up, could be thier benchmark........wow big series with the Rays...........nice

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

manshank wrote:Rays undoing could be depth.......any injury to a regular could spell doom. Otherwise you are right, and its nice to see................
True but the #1 saver is on the DL and last night the wily Maddon used 5 relievers to get the last 6 outs in a 2-0 win! 34-22!

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

tremolo wrote:Get familiar with this name: JAY BRUCE (soon to become my 2nd favorite guy named Jay). 21 yo outfielder for the Reds, set to make his MLB debut tonight!
mother frigger is killin' me this week in fantasy. looks to be a stud, so far. :wink:

i'm leaving in about an hour or so and will soon be sippin' a beer or two at the Phils/Marlins game on a beautiful day to watch Utley, Howard, J-Roll and the boys battle for first place.

oh yeah...Mr. Bruce is coming to town tomorrow for a four game series. :shock:

tremolo

Post by tremolo »

Get familiar with this name: JAY BRUCE (soon to become my 2nd favorite guy named Jay). 21 yo outfielder for the Reds, set to make his MLB debut tonight!

manshank

Post by manshank »

Rays undoing could be depth.......any injury to a regular could spell doom. Otherwise you are right, and its nice to see................

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

This Rays season has made me a baseball fan again. I haven't followed it since I was a kid listening to Ernie Harwell call the Tigers on my grandma's radio. G is right. They are for real. Watching Kazmir pitch a beaut and the hitters kick ass ass I type. :D

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

The Yanks will still be looking up at the Rays in October. So will the Sox. Sorry!

m.truslow

Post by m.truslow »

Sorry guys, it's getting warmer and the Yanks are heating up.........Ian Kennedy had a nice start against Baltimore and Phil Hughes will be back in July......and the bats are picking up.......it's the Bronx in October.............M.

manshank

Post by manshank »

SBA>Lets hope so!

Dice K has got to stop walking peeps. Right now he's getting away with it but sooner or later..............7 in a row...............big road trip starts tonight.

Colon could be the wild card...................

Still Be Around

Post by Still Be Around »

Red Sox all the way again!

hardwood floor

Post by hardwood floor »

man, cards just lost their battery in the same inning - pujols hits a line drive off chris young's face and he's carried off the field bleeding and then sliding into home looks like pujols tore up catcher josh bard's knee, and he's carted off the field

weird freaking inning

hardwood floor

Post by hardwood floor »

the mets are the least clutch team in the history of pro sports

seriously ... watching this team try to get a big two-out hit with runners in scoring position is about as frustrating as going to see jay or son volt and hoping to see still be around, whiskey bottle or looking for a way out

Talus

Post by Talus »

tillotson505 wrote:Dammit Talus - what the HELL is happening?

I think I'm going to go try out for DH. Can't hit any worse.
Just think if our starters sucked. Bats gotta come around sooner or later...