2008 MLB

manshank

Post by manshank »

Rays need to learn how to win on the road before they will go anywhere............

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

People have been jumping off the Skyway long before the Rays even existed. I have not heard of any jumpers this week.

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

Are they jumping off bridges in Tampa/St. Pete's yet?

kellyann

Post by kellyann »

and the rays lose to the yankees :D

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Saw Rays beat the Royals in person yesterday. Sat behind home plate right in front of Rays GM Matt Silverman and former Card Ozzie Smith. Tailgated both before and after game. I am still hurting hurtin hurting.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

the Watcher wrote:
saratoga jay wrote:heading to Phils/Mets in a few, where i'll drink a few, hoping Utley will hit a few and drunken fisticuffs in the stands i'm guaranteed to see a few...
Ryan Howard 1-6, 4Ks

Ouch.

What's the take on him amongst Philly fandom? Sure, he cranks a lot of homers but jeez, the strikeouts are insane.
it's pretty crazy. he does strike out way, way too much. no one can deny that fact, but then you check out his stats and he leads the league in ribbie's and is second in home runs. he does do damage with guys on base. he also doesn't move guys up like you need to in certain situations, which to me is frustrating as hell.

if you're asking me if i want him in the Phillies lineup for the next 6-8 years...the answer is yes. honestly, i get more pissed when Manuel takes Burrell out for a pinch-runner in the late innings. more times than not the runner doesn't even score and a possible Burrell at-bat comes back around when you really need a hit. fucking kills me.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

hardwood floor wrote:
saratoga jay wrote:heading to Phils/Mets in a few, where i'll drink a few, hoping Utley will hit a few and drunken fisticuffs in the stands i'm guaranteed to see a few...
were you one of the 17 people still around for the end 7 hours after it began?
no, we left right as the first hard rain came. it had already been a long day for my nephew.

it was a pretty good game while i was there, though. caught the rest of it tv. Werth's dinger in the 9th was clutch as hell.

and we go at it again tonight! :evil:

hardwood floor

Post by hardwood floor »

were you one of the 17 people still around for the end 7 hours after it began?

the Watcher

Post by the Watcher »

So CC Sabathia is a Brewer. Or will be imminently.

Bold move by Milwaukee, especially since both he and Sheets are in their walk year. But being within 3.5 of the Cubs, and having not been to the postseason since, what - 1982? - it's not ridiculous. And they're not giving up a ton.

Also, I just came to the realization that I now despise the BoSox more than the Yanks. This came to me while watching Sunday Night Baseball just now. I attribute this to 1) Joba Chamberlain throwing a heater behind Youkilis just now - that's old school orneriness, right there, and 2) the Yanks being the relative underdog right now.

Oh, and 3) Francona taking 7 of his guys (alright, some were voted in) but only 2 Rays making the All-Star squad. That's f'd. I realize that he doesn't pull all the strings on the roster, and that any manager is going to take care of his guys, but this is wack yo.

the Watcher

Post by the Watcher »

Ryan Howard 1-6, 4Ks

Ouch.

What's the take on him amongst Philly fandom? Sure, he cranks a lot of homers but jeez, the strikeouts are insane.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

heading to Phils/Mets in a few, where i'll drink a few, hoping Utley will hit a few and drunken fisticuffs in the stands i'm guaranteed to see a few...

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

dcarter wrote:Another rays win combined with a Red Sox loss equals a 4 game lead1 Greg, did you see Aki's defensive gem in the 2nd?

Breadman, what do you mean old? Wait until you're 45... in a few days! :D
Nothing like marathon play-by-play.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

dcarter wrote:Another rays win combined with a Red Sox loss equals a 4 game lead1 Greg, did you see Aki's defensive gem in the 2nd?

I missed that play. I did not turn the game on until the 5th. How about Sonnanstine getting his 10th win this season. Most people have not even heard of this guy and he is their fifth starter. Going to the game today, going to start tailgating early.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Another rays win combined with a Red Sox loss equals a 4 game lead1 Greg, did you see Aki's defensive gem in the 2nd?

Talus

Post by Talus »

kellyann wrote:i don't care about the rays, i just abhor the sox
so you can have my seat, talus
I'm with you on the Sox hating.

Hey Carter, quit pointing out my poor spelling/grammar/editing/life skills. I'm old.