Hello Texans, and friends of Texas.

dEvRoNiKa

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

farrarfan1 wrote: Here's the inside.
We have this very same grill, btw.

tillotson505

Post by tillotson505 »

dEvRoNiKa wrote:
farrarfan1 wrote:Not as elaborate as the fancy Texas pits but here is my cookshack in my backyard. Two stories, the roof rolls back and down the side. My other smoker's not in the pictures. I've had two going at once in the building...
We're coming to find you.
Shouldn't be too hard, there are few areas in Indiana with 'hills' as found in the picture.

dEvRoNiKa

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

farrarfan1 wrote:Not as elaborate as the fancy Texas pits but here is my cookshack in my backyard. Two stories, the roof rolls back and down the side. My other smoker's not in the pictures. I've had two going at once in the building...
We're coming to find you.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

[quotalphabetizede][/quote]
that's craaazy. that's sausage crazy!
wonderin' how your cd's are organized if yer wood plie is laid out such?

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

saratoga jay wrote:
farrarfan1 wrote:Not as elaborate as the fancy Texas pits but here is my cookshack in my backyard. Two stories, the roof rolls back and down the side. My other smoker's not in the pictures. I've had two going at once in the building.

Work bench inside the shack. Yes Jay tunes have been heard blasting from the little CD player, the shack has lights and electricity.
umm. if your wife makes a killa' tater salad that dude living behind you may be the luckiest neighbor on the face of the earth.
If you look closely between the end of his deck and his A/C unit you can see his smoker. He also has a pit in the ground where he does whole pigs.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

farrarfan1 wrote:Not as elaborate as the fancy Texas pits but here is my cookshack in my backyard. Two stories, the roof rolls back and down the side. My other smoker's not in the pictures. I've had two going at once in the building.

Work bench inside the shack. Yes Jay tunes have been heard blasting from the little CD player, the shack has lights and electricity.
umm. if your wife makes a killa' tater salad that dude living behind you may be the luckiest neighbor on the face of the earth.

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

It's alphabetized. Apple, cherry, hickory and mesquite at the far end. That's the smallest amount of wood I've had in awhile when I took those pictures a couple of months ago. :oops:

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

half-n-half wrote:look at that guys wood. so organized. :shock:
This emoticon may have been more appropriate: :o
:P :lol:

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

look at that guys wood. so organized. :shock:

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

[/quote]Euphemism?
[quote]
no.

sweet set up bbq guy.
[/quote]

Post by Sticky »

half-n-half wrote:craaazy for sausage!
Euphemism?

Had a great sausage sammich Sat. night. Friends brought it, so I don't remember where it was from. Have to remedy that.

chris

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

Not as elaborate as the fancy Texas pits but here is my cookshack in my backyard. Two stories, the roof rolls back and down the side. My other smoker's not in the pictures. I've had two going at once in the building.

Here's the inside.

Teh woodpile.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

craaazy for sausage!

dEvRoNiKa

Re: Hello Texans, and friends of Texas.

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

Thomas_J_Foolery wrote:
Dev, New Zion BBQ in Huntsville is awesome. Listed among Tex. Monthly top 50. Just follow the smoke off of the main roadway into Sam Houston State Univ. Doziers in Fulshear - your neck of the woods is good too.
Hm. Haven't tried Doziers, and yes, that is pretty close.
Likely will show up on the next Meat Map.
Funny thing is - I don't often eat meat. I guess I just save up for the blood festivus and get all my carnivorin' in then.

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

dcarter wrote:Dev, have you visited New Orleans? If so please see the thread. I love barbeque, by the way. It is a rare treat. But i must have it 1 or 2 times a month.
I hear ya brother.