half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

VIVA ESPANA!

Highwater61

Post by Highwater61 »

Espana!!!!

Texas Tom

Post by Texas Tom »

Spain v Germany for the final.... I really dont care who wins, I think Germany will though.....

BoogieMan

Post by BoogieMan »

calexico wrote:
BoogieMan wrote:Damn, that was close. This was Sweden's best game since 1994 and still a loss.

Best game? All they did was fire it long ball and hope for the best. Very ordinary team this year. I was disappointed.
Well, they were under heavy pressure in the second half, but that would have been the case for the entire game if it was the ordinary Sweden that were playing. Maybe a bit boring, but they did not give any space at all to Spain in the first half, and did actually take command of the game. We had the same game in the qualifiers. Spain scored early on and then we were completely lost.

calexico

Post by calexico »

BoogieMan wrote:Damn, that was close. This was Sweden's best game since 1994 and still a loss.

Best game? All they did was fire it long ball and hope for the best. Very ordinary team this year. I was disappointed.

BoogieMan

Post by BoogieMan »

Damn, that was close. This was Sweden's best game since 1994 and still a loss.

calexico

Post by calexico »

Leaving Trezeguet out and Benzema on the bench was suicide though. They got what they deserved.

BoogieMan

Post by BoogieMan »

Yeah!, I thought France were alright though. Ribery is a cool player, but they miss a leader somehow. When Holland scored 3-1 and they filmed Henry sitting on the pitch, that got me thinking that if Henry was a great player he would have spurred his team mates on at that point. They still had great chances at pullling back. And when you add a guy like Gallas to that, then you have to work real hard at team spirit

calexico

Post by calexico »

True enough. That miss was savage. He is not the same player as two years ago.

BoogieMan

Post by BoogieMan »

calexico wrote:Can't fault the Oranje so far, played very well. The final game in that group with France and Italy will be a big one.
Still, they havn't been tested in any way yet. In some ways they've won because of the other teams being too disorganised.

Henry's miss yesterday was crucial. Had he scored on that one they would have been tested for real

calexico

Post by calexico »

Can't fault the Oranje so far, played very well. The final game in that group with France and Italy will be a big one.

Texas Tom

Post by Texas Tom »

Bring on the quarter finals!

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

el caballo loco wrote:What is this "sport" you folks are discussing?
i think they're talking about this...

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

What is this "sport" you folks are discussing?

Hoops

Post by Hoops »

I was watching the Holland game the other day on ESPN. I do not know the broadcaster's names. The announcer was English and the analyst was Scottish.

Anyway.

Announcer: The Dutch are not playing very good defense.

Analyst: It's in their DNA.

I choked on my beverage...