Sacrilege!

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

m.truslow wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote:
m.truslow wrote:I can top any of the above confessions...............ready?????? COLLECTIVE SOUL is a great fucking rock band. I've seen them 3 times and was blown away each time. I've got all of their albums.........even the new one, which isn't that great as the previous efforts. Mark T.
Okay you've crossed a line here.

This thread will have to be changed to "INTERVENTION TIME"

Seriously?

Dev, Yes my dear........"Gel" and "Shine" are ass kicking songs live.........M.

Then again, I want to make out with American Idol's David Cook, so it's safe to disregard anything I say in this thread henceforth.
You don't say!?

m.truslow

Post by m.truslow »

dEvRoNiKa wrote:
m.truslow wrote:I can top any of the above confessions...............ready?????? COLLECTIVE SOUL is a great fucking rock band. I've seen them 3 times and was blown away each time. I've got all of their albums.........even the new one, which isn't that great as the previous efforts. Mark T.
Okay you've crossed a line here.

This thread will have to be changed to "INTERVENTION TIME"

Seriously?

Dev, Yes my dear........"Gel" and "Shine" are ass kicking songs live.........M.

Then again, I want to make out with American Idol's David Cook, so it's safe to disregard anything I say in this thread henceforth.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

derekf wrote:... Oh and Tokyo Fan, consider yourself removed from the general unwashed side of the world. Good luck.

derekf
:? :? Okay! I guess. (and good luck with what?). But thanks again for the music.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

A belated thank you, derek.

derekf

Post by derekf »

Tokyo Fan wrote:
derekf wrote:dcarter, here.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JXD5SNEH

derekf
well well. what a pleasant surprise for something under the sacrilege heading! Thanks derek! Castanets is way up there at the top of my i-pod plays...a great song to unwind to.

You're welcome. I'm not sure if I could actually'unwind' to Castanets, but it is a great song. I love when it comes up while I'm gardening, it makes me move faster, you know, like a dancer. Because that's what I am, a dancer. Oh and Tokyo Fan, consider yourself removed from the general unwashed side of the world. Good luck.

derekf

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

derekf wrote:dcarter, here.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JXD5SNEH

derekf
well well. what a pleasant surprise for something under the sacrilege heading! Thanks derek! Castanets is way up there at the top of my i-pod plays...a great song to unwind to.

derekf

Post by derekf »

derekf

Post by derekf »

dcarter wrote:Derek, I would very much like to have this show! I haven't been on the board for days and just now saw your offer. Please don't let the lack of response from others keep you from posting this for me! Thank you in advance!
I do not worry about any reaponse or lack thereof, taint in my nature. It's just you, me and the general unwashed in this world. My job is just to try to get through it without killing anybody. I'll have that show to you with-presently.

derekf

Linwood Thorpe

Post by Linwood Thorpe »

gdavis5446 wrote:Former Bills coach Marv Levy is more intelligent than any US President.
THAT is awesome

Linwood Thorpe

Post by Linwood Thorpe »

I hate Bob Dylan. HATE. Beatles too.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

derekf wrote: It would suck if we knew it all anyway, but I do agree with both of you. And speaking of sharing, I received this Alejandro show this morning, it's called the Official Blue Rose Bootleg Series, whatever that means. I don't know anything about all that technical crap, like what sbd, aud, eac or any other idiotic letters that are always attached to these files but the sound is excellent. It was recorded in ought-two somewhere in Germany. The setlist is as follows.

Disc 1
1. The Way it Goes
2. Dear Head on the Wall
3. Wave
4. Five Hearts Breaking
5. Rhapsody
6. Everybody Loves Me
7. Sex Beat
8. Crooked Frame
9. One More Time
Disc 2
1. Follow You Down
2. Last to Know
3. Castanets
4. Thirteen Years
5. All the Young Dudes
6. I'm Waiting For my Man
7. Rosalie

Lemme know if anyone wants it.
Derek, I would very much like to have this show! I haven't been on the board for days and just now saw your offer. Please don't let the lack of response from others keep you from posting this for me! Thank you in advance!
Last edited by dcarter on Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

calexico

Post by calexico »

See, there you go. Everyone has something to learn, that's just the way it goes. I had never bothered with GBV and Escovedo before.

Did Everclear do A.M. Radio? I love that song!

Ah they did....this is great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JEoFzvxiyI

derekf

Post by derekf »

cind wrote:
calexico wrote:
As for the Tom Waits thing, I gave up long ago on trying to convert people to what I like. People will find out stuff for themselves if they are interested enough. If they get it, great...if not, no biggie. Be a damn boring planet if everyone liked the same thing.
Nicely said. You have great taste in music. I have to say all the recommendations you have made about artists I have then gone out and purchased. That pretty much goes board wide as well. I thought I knew a bit about music and artists and then I came here and felt uneducated and inferior in my knowledge. Still have a long way to go.

Thanks to everyone for sharing and also providing excellent live downloads of Jay, UT, and everyone else.
It would suck if we knew it all anyway, but I do agree with both of you. And speaking of sharing, I received this Alejandro show this morning, it's called the Official Blue Rose Bootleg Series, whatever that means. I don't know anything about all that technical crap, like what sbd, aud, eac or any other idiotic letters that are always attached to these files but the sound is excellent. It was recorded in ought-two somewhere in Germany. The setlist is as follows.

Disc 1
1. The Way it Goes
2. Dear Head on the Wall
3. Wave
4. Five Hearts Breaking
5. Rhapsody
6. Everybody Loves Me
7. Sex Beat
8. Crooked Frame
9. One More Time
Disc 2
1. Follow You Down
2. Last to Know
3. Castanets
4. Thirteen Years
5. All the Young Dudes
6. I'm Waiting For my Man
7. Rosalie

Lemme know if anyone wants it.

Terraplane

Post by Terraplane »

"out of all the bands that suck, collective soul is the best one."

:)

now THERE'S a title for their next album.

hardwood floor

Post by hardwood floor »

out of all the bands that suck, collective soul is the best one

them and everclear

both guilty pleasures for me

everclear free show next month in philly at eagles' pep rally outside the linc