Gardeners/ food planters/harvesters

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

grift, you vacuous vessel of profundity, just trying to live down to your expectations. see below. what, no threats of violence this time?

Grifterwithafunnylittleha

Linus shit his pants again, and Sturgie spread it around

Post by Grifterwithafunnylittleha »

sturgeongeneral wrote:i have coconuts growing in my yard that are doing quite well. and, my neighbor has an avocado tree and mango tree that are quite abundant when bearing fruit. oh, i also have a trumpet plant that is about 12 ft. tall. supposedly, the blooms can be boiled and create a hallucigentic effect but i wouldn't know for a fact.

hope this info was helpful.
Another jackass blanket from the Wet King.

p.s. Just trying to get along, bro. :P

cind

Post by cind »

half-n-half wrote:thanks for the varied responses.
i am hoping to grow veggies (yellow squash yum)
in central texas.

i'm kinda ADD so keep it simple or
i'll give up before i start.

thank you,

1/2
1/2,

You can't go wrong with patio pots of basil and cherry toms. Easy to maintain. I have been gathering a bowl full of toms every day. My bro lives in Austin town and he grows all sorts of herbs, peppers, toms and such for the better part of the year. Squash is super easy. Good soil good natural fertilizer and that stuff will invade your yard.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

thanks for the varied responses.
i am hoping to grow veggies (yellow squash yum)
in central texas.

i'm kinda ADD so keep it simple or
i'll give up before i start.

thank you,

1/2

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Cannabis will make a fine garden addition. It can also be a nice supplement to the income.

Talus

Post by Talus »

Don't you live in Denver, 1/2?

What are you looking for?

Flowers? Trees? Veggies?

Fall is a great time to plant perennials that will get enough grow time to overwinter.

derekf

Post by derekf »

Now we're talkin'. Where do you live? Hopefully that wasn't too creepy. But seriously, what part of the country? It's September here in Alabama, as I suspect it is where you live as well and still very hot, way too hot here to plant most trees, better off in the fall or after the last frost in early spring. You should look for either flowers indigenous to where you live that bloom in late fall and/or vegetables that are usually harvested around Thanksgiving or in early December. You could also try finding vegetables that can be grown in containers so if a cold snap hits early you can bring them inside. Goddamn I love gardening. Thank you for starting this thread.

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

i have coconuts growing in my yard that are doing quite well. and, my neighbor has an avocado tree and mango tree that are quite abundant when bearing fruit. oh, i also have a trumpet plant that is about 12 ft. tall. supposedly, the blooms can be boiled and create a hallucigentic effect but i wouldn't know for a fact.

hope this info was helpful.

half-n-half

Gardeners/ food planters/harvesters

Post by half-n-half »

anyone know what is good to plant around now,
in a modest home garden setting.

1/2