Gardeners/ food planters/harvesters

derekf

Post by derekf »

Lawrence Fan wrote:Derek, probably a good idea to remove the dugout from the field of view. Some of us notice that stuff. ;)

<== doesn't know what happened to his dugout.

We have a silver catch-all tray. I can't live without it. We also have a wooden catch-all bowl next to the silver catch-all tray. I go for the bowl first, but sometimes the missus beats me too it. I tell ya what, having those makes mornings MUCH simpler, especially if you're the forgetful type - like me.
Well, if half didn't notice it...

Truly though, I noticed it after I posted the picture and worried for a second or two but then realized I don't care who sees it. Tom the cop might care, but I doubt it. I've got nothing to hide. And on a somewhat socio-geo-political tirade, if more people would just acknowledge the fact that weed is not going away, and would stop making such a big fucking deal about it, perhaps we'd start seeing some of these retarded laws either go away or at the very least be emended to not punish those of us who get high every now and again. I mean jesus, I'm not peddling it to kids for fuckssake. Trust me, the unholy amount of Heineken I drink every weekend is enough to put several people in rehab. The weed, not so much.

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

Derek, probably a good idea to remove the dugout from the field of view. Some of us notice that stuff. ;)

<== doesn't know what happened to his dugout.

We have a silver catch-all tray. I can't live without it. We also have a wooden catch-all bowl next to the silver catch-all tray. I go for the bowl first, but sometimes the missus beats me too it. I tell ya what, having those makes mornings MUCH simpler, especially if you're the forgetful type - like me.

derekf

Post by derekf »

The porch is slowly coming back to life.

Duranta Repens, I think it's in the Verbena family, it smells fantastic at night, kind of vanilla-y.

derekf

Post by derekf »

half-n-half wrote:
hoarder wrote:I often find stuff on the ground and put it in my pocket, that stuff usually ends up in that tray, which I made myself. I'm sometimes crafty with wood.
wha?
like what?
i mean, how much shit do you pick up to
designate a special tray for "found items"?

not judging, just curious.
Hoarder? No, not at all. My home is almost Japanese. The tray also contains my wallet, keys, change, etc.

I live in a neighborhood built in the 40's/50's for returning servicemen. Apparently, there was no garbage service back then and people would burn trash in the corners of their yards. As I dig in my yard, I have found any number of interesting things, a few small glass vials that appear to have been melted but did not break, a couple of tin soldiers and other artifacts of a time before me. I find these things fascinating so I keep them.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

hoarder wrote:I often find stuff on the ground and put it in my pocket, that stuff usually ends up in that tray, which I made myself. I'm sometimes crafty with wood.
wha?
like what?
i mean, how much shit do you pick up to
designate a special tray for "found items"?

not judging, just curious.

derekf

Post by derekf »

half-n-half wrote:
derekf wrote:Image

Nothing quite like a tumbler of zinfandel to end winter. Time to switch back to clear booze. Happy spring, motherfuckers, pictures to follow.
so you wear those sun shades with the head support wrap, huh?
i see you are ready to crack some nuts.
are those more nuts in teh forground?
stylish phone. blackberry?
oh yer one of those people with a catch all tray.
i guess its "organizy"
nice counter.
why is the page turned on teh notepad?

I love these queries.

Wrap thing is for working in the yard only, otherwise, no.

I always have bowls of hazelnuts around. It's a good snack, plus if you eat a few of them, there's work involved in getting to the food, which makes you eat less, thereby helping me to keep from becoming a fat-ass. Which I'm nowhere near being, but still.

Foreground is cracked hazelnut shells, goes in compost.

Ipod, not blackberry. My phone is such a simple thing, it takes pictures and makes calls, that's about it.

I often find stuff on the ground and put it in my pocket, that stuff usually ends up in that tray, which I made myself. I'm sometimes crafty with wood.

No reason, I'm sketching ideas for my yard.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

derekf wrote:Image

Nothing quite like a tumbler of zinfandel to end winter. Time to switch back to clear booze. Happy spring, motherfuckers, pictures to follow.
so you wear those sun shades with the head support wrap, huh?
i see you are ready to crack some nuts.
are those more nuts in teh forground?
stylish phone. blackberry?
oh yer one of those people with a catch all tray.
i guess its "organizy"
nice counter.
why is the page turned on teh notepad?

derekf

Post by derekf »

derekf

Post by derekf »

Left A Slide wrote:Why are my blood orange leaves turning yellow and falling off?
Without seeing them, I would guess there was a lack of water during the summer months or your tree needs nitrogen. I don't think there's too much you can do about it at this time of year. It's too late to fertilize most plants and citrus trees don't need as much water during the winter months.

Left A Slide

Post by Left A Slide »

Why are my blood orange leaves turning yellow and falling off?

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

Her powers of observing minutia are formidable indeed.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

half-n-half wrote:thanks for sharing your bo
nice harvest!

why is that chair positioned toward your yard?
thats curious.
staring contest with the neighbor?
Probably looking at this year's blood oranges. It's more spectacular than last years. But this is just idle speculation. (Half, you spot more stuff in these photos! I didn't even notice the chair until you pointed it out).

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

thanks for sharing your bo
nice harvest!

why is that chair positioned toward your yard?
thats curious.
staring contest with the neighbor?

derekf

Post by derekf »

Last year's blood orange harvest.
derekf wrote: Image

This year's.

Night view.

Meet Skillet.

You're welcome.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »