A strong case for waterboarding

MrOctober

Post by MrOctober »

Even if waterboarding did get Bin laden, after they killed him we were told 'be scared Al Qaeda's gonna be really mad now'. So waterboarding just led to Al Qaeda and the terrorists more angry and want to kill us even more!

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

Depends who you ask

Rep. King: Waterboarded Khalid Sheikh Mohammed Gave Up Osama Bin ...
newyork.cbslocal.com/.../rep-king-waterboarded-ksm-gave-up-bin-l... - Cached
May 3, 2011 – King: Waterboarded Khalid Sheikh Mohammed Gave Up Bin Laden's Courier. Long Island Rep. Says Controversial Interrogation Was Key ...
►

Michael B. Mukasey: The Waterboarding Trail to bin Laden - WSJ.com
online.wsj.com/.../SB100014240527487038593045763050238765... - Cached
May 6, 2011 – Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. mukasey. Osama bin Laden was killed by Americans, ... of harsh interrogation techniques that included waterboarding. ...

Surveillance, Not Waterboarding, Led to bin Laden | Danger Room ...
www.wired.com/.../surveillance-not-wate ... -bin-laden... - Cached
May 3, 2011 – Surveillance, Not Waterboarding, Led to bin Laden ... Khalid Shaikh Mohammed was captured in Pakistan in 2003, with al-Libbi following suit ...

Daily Kos: Waterboarding did not reveal Osama bin Laden trail
www.dailykos.com/.../-Waterboarding-did ... samabinLad... - Cached
May 2, 2011 – Waterboarding did not reveal Osama bin Laden trail ... 3 leader, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, gave authorities the nicknames of several of bin ...

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed Laughed Off Waterboarding
www.outsidethebeltway.com/khalid-sheikh ... aughed-off... - Cached
May 17, 2011 – Marc Thiessen claims Khalid Sheikh Mohammad mocked the CIA interrogators who ... That Led To Bin Laden Was Not Obtained Via Waterboarding ...

Terror Expert: Keep Waterboarding — It Led SEALs to bin Laden

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

MrOctober wrote: Bin Laden was killed with no help from waterboarding and torture.
Oh?

MrOctober

Post by MrOctober »

MrOctober wrote:Really, that doesn't make the case for waterboarding. Seeing as she probably has already killed her own child, any mediocre lawyer would get the case dismissed in court due to the confession by torture. Instead of finding the facts out about what happened and making her go to jail for a long time.
Guess I was wrong. There wasnt enough evidence that she killed her daughter.

It's still bizarre that there are people on the news networks defending waterboarding, even after Bin Laden was killed with no help from waterboarding and torture.

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

I don't know squat about the DA and the charges. The amount of lying and circumstancial evidence....this makes us all sick...weren't there lessor charges?

"Jurors heard testimony about items found with Caylee's remains. A Winnie the Pooh blanket matched the one found in the little girl's room at the Anthony home. The laundry bag that prosecutor Jeff Ashton told jurors served as Caylee's coffin was one of a matching set -- the other was found at the home. And all that remained of the little girl's T-shirt, saying "Big Trouble Comes in Small Packages," were some letters and the stitching around the collar" Since the end of the trial, various movements have arisen for the creation of a new law, "Caylee's Law", that would impose stricter requirements on parents to notify law enforcement of the death or disappearance of a child.One such petition, circulated via Change.org, has gained over 920,000 electronic signatures . In response to this and other petitions, lawmakers in four states (Florida, Oklahoma, New York, and West Virginia) have begun drafting versions of "Caylee's Law". The law in Oklahoma would require a child's parent or guardian to notify police of a child's death within 24 hours, and would also stipulate a time frame for notification of the disappearance of a young child under the age of 12 . The Florida law would make it a felony if a parent or legal guardian fails to report a missing child in timely manner if they could have known the child would be in danger."

Party on I guess...puke

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

My limited legal background reminded me that DAs always need to include multiple lesser charges in case the big headline charges don't stick...I can't believe charges like conspiracy, accessory, neglect or something like that wasn't added and made to stick...especially given a lack of solid evidence...the prosecutors had to know accquital on murder was a possibility given the circumstantial evidence but lack of a smoking gun...and it was a trial years in the making, no?

With that said, I never follows these things as I know shit's bad out there daily and I like to keep a smile on my face. I couldn't imagine watching this daily

the Watcher

Post by the Watcher »

The DA went way out over his skis in going for murder 1 w/death penalty. Manslaughter or some such charge might've been a slam dunk.

I didn't follow it that closely, but from the articles I've read it's not unreasonable to doubt that mom committed premeditated murder. Death by reckless parenting, neglectful parenting, fit of rage, accident all seem equally plausible.

Look for a future trial where the county does go after her on a lesser charge, perhaps a couple years down the road after she slips up and runs her mouth.

But blame the DA as much as anyone, if not more. Dude way outkicked his coverage.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

You were not on the jury and it is impossible for you to know what conclusion you would have arrived at had you been on the jury. Have you read any of the interviews with the 2 jurors and 1 alternate that have come forward? All of them were/are very emotional about the outcome. They expressed that they feel in their hearts that she was somehow involved but based on the evidence presented, had reasonable doubt and therefore couldn't convict. Would you honestly prefer that a jury ignore the evidence and reach and verdict based on their gut feelings? If so, that is frightening. I do not applaud Casey Anthony but I do applaud the jury.

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

dcarter wrote:
ShuckOwens wrote:Scott Peterson must be cursing his luck.
I assume you mean that he must wish that his trial had been in FL. Strange as it may sound, this verdict made me feel a rush of patriotism. What an exceptional group, those jurors. For 12 people to all be able to ignore strong emotional pull and do their jobs properly as citizens, is, sadly, surprising. If I am ever on trial, all that I can ask for is that the jurors decide based on the evidence presented and nothing more. The American system of justice worked as meant. That is heartening.
Scott Peterson is on death row due to circumstantial evidence.

Doing body shots, pole dances, girl-on-girl make out sessions for the lads, and throwing gang signs at parties and raves... all while others are frantically searching for her missing daughter. Tooling around in a vehicle sporting a boot that stinks like a rotten corpse. Lying to investigators, and her family, who are at first, trying to locate her daughter, then lying to them as they try to piece together how her daughter wound up in a swamp wrapped in duct tape. I guess that wonderful jury never paused to contemplate why this woman would impede the investigation. I'd have been curious. What they apparently wanted was to go home, and back to their jobs... which I suppose is deserving of applause... those hard-working Americans of hard-working America.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

ShuckOwens wrote:Scott Peterson must be cursing his luck.
I assume you mean that he must wish that his trial had been in FL. Strange as it may sound, this verdict made me feel a rush of patriotism. What an exceptional group, those jurors. For 12 people to all be able to ignore strong emotional pull and do their jobs properly as citizens, is, sadly, surprising. If I am ever on trial, all that I can ask for is that the jurors decide based on the evidence presented and nothing more. The American system of justice worked as meant. That is heartening.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Did we ever get a verdict in the Sam Sweet trial?

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

Scott Peterson must be cursing his luck.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

There is an even better murder trial soon to start in FL. Lady strikes up friendship with lotto winner, takes all his money, kills him and burries him under a concrete slab. She denies it all and even tried to implicate her high school age son. Google it up. If there was any justice in this world it would get more publicity than the Anthony trial.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Ha ha ha! Shuck, you can always make me laugh.

In all seriousness, it appears that the evidence wasn't there. I would have been surprised if she had been convicted. OnE of the alternate jurors is a guy that I used to work with and he is not some rube. He said that it even though she indirectly or directly had to be involved, based on the evidence, it was reasonable doubt, no question.

Also, I would still like to know what crew she represents.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

ShuckOwens wrote:Image
Thanks for that.