report from the studio...

Lakefork

Post by Lakefork »

Any news on the next Gob Iron?

Mark Spencer

Post by Mark Spencer »

Last edited by Mark Spencer on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris Masterson

Post by Chris Masterson »

Mark Spencer wrote:
Spark Mensa wrote:
Mark Spencer wrote:I know, isn't DESPICABLE for all these musicians and entertainers to have these not only likely uninformed political views or ideas (I mean , with the kind of lives they lead, how could they REALLY have much to say that would be informed or matter to the REAL people out there) but that they insist on using their un-earned platform in public, however small or grand, to try and influence their hoards of lemming-like followers with these half-baked, usually left-wing Volvo-drivin' liberal ideas. Gosh, if only they knew what it was really like in this world, they would come around to the reality that the only way our sacred country and it's harsh but fair Christian informed freedoms can be maintained is by the same fear-and-hate based xenophobic brainwashing of the masses that has gone on for decades, centuries really, and that the ONLY "hopeful" stewards of this "Matrix" like evolution of Americans are the Neo-cons, Corporations and the military. It's so easy to see. C'mon Stepford, rally!!!!! Soon the transformation will be complete and we can all relax in front of the big screen church, await our directions and function/consume as God planned.
Is this the same bloke who thought it was a quaint notion that there were any differences between the two major parties? I'm not smitten with either brand, and it certainly is a leap for you to label me a fist-pumping, neo-con military industrialist. What you should have detected was my disdain for the notion that the Black Eyed Peas or Son Volt had any bearing on how, or if I'll vote.

As for awaiting instructions, you may be on to something:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08BAfKCfu74
Stepford does not come close.
I don't even know who you are, or what you are talking about.
mark, i think he must be a big fan of yours with that clever play on your name and all. oh well... see ya in the control room...

-C

Grifterwithafunnylittleha

La, Dee, Da

Post by Grifterwithafunnylittleha »

BURN, Sparkie!!!

Mark Spencer

Post by Mark Spencer »

Last edited by Mark Spencer on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Sticky »

Chris Masterson wrote:
Sticky wrote:Is John engineering?
John is engineering. Mark and I are also doing some engineering as well...
Excellent, it's a long train ride.
Chris Masterson wrote:
Sticky wrote:why does Jay always record during the World Serious?
I don't know. I don't really follow sports ball...
John does. Had to call in scores two or three times a night during Okemah. Tell him I said "hey, what's up?"
Chris Masterson wrote:
Sticky wrote:is there a little Brad yet?
Yes! born on sept 30!!!
Hell's Yeah. Guess I need to make a quick call.

Chris Masterson wrote:
Sticky wrote:when ya comin' back to town?
I'm not sure. probably around the holidays. Eleanor will be at the cactus 2 nights in october opening for Carrie Rodriguez. I wish I was there. Nice running into you at acl...
Hmmm, guess I'll have to get up there for one of them. Was supposed to see her open for Alejandro at Greune Hall in August but she cancelled last minute. Eleanor is a huge plus. Two beautiful women, two beautiful voices. Can't go wrong with that. Haven't decided if I'm heading home for Xmas or T-Day. Probably here for Xmas.

The ACL night was pretty fun and funny. Beth finally remembered where she'd met you before, but now I can't remember. Thanks for hanging, that was good times.

back at cha,
-CC

Trellis

Post by Trellis »

Thanks for the update. Rally caps!

cailin

Re: report from the studio...

Post by cailin »

Chris Masterson wrote:hello all -

mark and i are sitting in the control room after a long productive day. today got off to a great start. we hit the coffee shop and headed straight to the arch alongside 100,000 fine folks from st louis to watch Obama speak.
it was quite inspiring. maybe there's hope for us yet.

we're dangerously close to the halfway point on the record. its sounding great. i'm sure most will really enjoy it. (though i'm sure some will bitch and moan because jay didn't re-record trace).

well i think its about bed time.
g'nite... z z z

peace, love and loud guitars
-c
Cool -- keep us posted!

countryfeedback

Post by countryfeedback »

Neverwonagrammy wrote:I'll take one of Jay's while we're at it, although, I'm not sure Jay will fall within the bracket that'll give me somethin'.
Brian
:D :D :D :D

Neverwonagrammy

Post by Neverwonagrammy »

I'm down with Obama spreadin' that wealth around.
I want one of Jeff Tweedy's guitars.
Bet Jeff'll never miss it!
I'll take one of Jay's while we're at it, although, I'm not sure Jay will fall within the bracket that'll give me somethin'.
If he does, Mr. Obama, I'll take my old Gretsch back.
I know Jeff will qualify.
I hope Barack gets me one of Jeff's old Gibson SGs!
That would ROCK!!!
Jeff'll still have, like...20 of 'em.
As badly as I wanna see this happen, I also wanna watch John McCain build an assload of nuclear reactors right away.
Betcha my 5000 dollar health insurance credit he's readin' the Home Depot "How To" book on that right now.
Sarah too.
I guess this makes me "undecided"...
Brian

everybodywangchung

Post by everybodywangchung »

I've got a good idea for a concept album that may make you guys want to re-record everything you've done already. There will be this character who builds up a wall, but not just any wall, an emotional wall! There will be teachers, people who won't let kids eat pudding and other assorted characters. I haven't thought up a title yet. I'm thinking maybe "The wall". Also, when you play it live something can be built between the band an the audience. Maybe a wall?

Anyway, if you decide to use it I want royalties.

Spark Mensa

Post by Spark Mensa »

Mark Spencer wrote:I know, isn't DESPICABLE for all these musicians and entertainers to have these not only likely uninformed political views or ideas (I mean , with the kind of lives they lead, how could they REALLY have much to say that would be informed or matter to the REAL people out there) but that they insist on using their un-earned platform in public, however small or grand, to try and influence their hoards of lemming-like followers with these half-baked, usually left-wing Volvo-drivin' liberal ideas. Gosh, if only they knew what it was really like in this world, they would come around to the reality that the only way our sacred country and it's harsh but fair Christian informed freedoms can be maintained is by the same fear-and-hate based xenophobic brainwashing of the masses that has gone on for decades, centuries really, and that the ONLY "hopeful" stewards of this "Matrix" like evolution of Americans are the Neo-cons, Corporations and the military. It's so easy to see. C'mon Stepford, rally!!!!! Soon the transformation will be complete and we can all relax in front of the big screen church, await our directions and function/consume as God planned.
Is this the same bloke who thought it was a quaint notion that there were any differences between the two major parties? I'm not smitten with either brand, and it certainly is a leap for you to label me a fist-pumping, neo-con military industrialist. What you should have detected was my disdain for the notion that the Black Eyed Peas or Son Volt had any bearing on how, or if I'll vote.

As for awaiting instructions, you may be on to something:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08BAfKCfu74
Stepford does not come close.

Tupelo Son

Post by Tupelo Son »

To everything Turn Turn Turn
There is a season....

great news about the new record!

calexico

Post by calexico »

Mark Spencer wrote:Soon the transformation will be complete and we can all relax in front of the big screen church, await our directions and function/consume as God planned.

Thank fuck! I am sick of paying some Mexicans to do my thinking for me. They are really not all that.

hardwood floor

Post by hardwood floor »

hey chris ... you left matt in good hands with tashjan ... he's really good