Truckers/Hold Steady Quick Field Report ATL

MrOctober

Post by MrOctober »

I'm seeing them in NYC this Friday. I'm not totally sold on the Hold Strady, but they seem pretty rockin.

People Who Died, I've seen DBT play it many times, never saw anyone else play it. I've seen DBT around 8-10 times, they are always putting out a great performance. (Except the time I saw them come on after Son Volt - you can't play after SV and expect to be outsanding!)

lewhoney

Post by lewhoney »

Trukers set list---- (don't know enough of the Hold Steady to report) They are in Tallahasse tonight---
Suppose they will have to suffice until Son Volt (or Gob Iron) comes back around:

Three Dimes Down
Lookout Mountain
Self Destructive Zones
That Man I Shot
Ghost to Most
Living Bubba
Love Like This
Righteous Path
Sink Hole
I'm Sorry Huston
Women Without Whiskey
Steve McQueen
Shut up & Get on the Plane
Hell No I Ain't Happy
Gravity's Gone
The Company I Keep
Puttin' People on the Moon

Encore:
World of Hurt
Marry Me
Let there be Rock
Rockin' in the Free World (with THS)
People Who Died

lewhoney

Truckers/Hold Steady Quick Field Report ATL

Post by lewhoney »

Saw the Dirve-by-Turckers and the Hold Steady at the Tabernacle in ATL last night-- Quick Hits:

1) The sound quality I found poor as the the volume was far too high and tended to drown out the lyirics and screech out at random beats.

2) The HoldSteady put on a fine opening act, energy ( and perhaps cocaine) spewed from the singer and key board players pores

3) Trucker's encored with Keep on Rockin in the Free Wordl ( with Hold Steady) and Jim Carroll's People Who Died -----

Carroll's tune was a fine surprise never seen it live-- anyone else cover that tune?

Best Truckers show I have ever seen, no -- loudest and fastest? Yes, Yes

Rock-n-Roll means well ----