Ryan Adams Atlanta Show

manshank

Post by manshank »

Good for you! I hope it's a great show.....I have a feeling its going to be.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Not that anyone cares but we got our trade-in tickets in the mail today. Fox Theatre right center orchestra row D. We had right cent row D for the "my voice is gone" show but the Verizon Amphi had a 3 or 4 row pit so we are actually 3 or 4 rows closer! WHOOT! Thanks again for the heads up, manshank.

manshank

Post by manshank »

You got that right brother!!!

Confession: I don't get GBV or Robert Pollard.......got a few GBV but so much dust on em......sorry I just don't dig...............doesnt mean he isn't good so don't go gettin your dander up

calexico

Post by calexico »

One of the best songs in decades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrMmr1oMPGA

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Go see Bon Iver. They are excellent live. Some seriously young looking dudes, too. Also don't make the Jethro Tull mistake. Bon Iver is not a person. Justin Vernon would be Ian Anderson. Bon Iver is Vernon's sort of French for 'good winter'.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

saratoga gay wrote: i might have to suck bon iver.
:lol:

Blimps Go 90

Post by Blimps Go 90 »

saratoga jay wrote:my bad. world cafe live. i was thinking about dean & britta. troc also has bon iver coming soon. weeknights are tough for me though. i might have to suck it up and go see bon iver.
You won't regret it...Saw him at the Pabst here in Milwaukee and it was fantastic.....you could hear a pin drop.....cliche' I know but everyone....litterally ...sold out theater....hung on every word...simply gorgeous.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

my bad. world cafe live. i was thinking about dean & britta. troc also has bon iver coming soon. weeknights are tough for me though. i might have to suck it up and go see bon iver.

hardwood floor

Re: Ryan Adams Atlanta Show

Post by hardwood floor »

saratoga jay wrote:
hardwood floor wrote:
saratoga jay wrote:get a room.
let's see ... you have 5,250 posts, so ...

get out of the room!
my ppd ave 1.25 is only more than you, dude. :roll: chill. mets spring training ain't all that far off, right? relax. so are you checking out hayes caryll next weds night at wlc? it's all good, man. maybe someday you can hook me up with a 80min pollard mix cd and i'll rock it out, wha? no problem here. 8)
I think I owe you a GBV / Pollard mix, actually

wans't planning on seeing Hayes Carll, didn't know about the show ... what's wlc?

was thinking about mercury rev / dean & britta / like a fox next saturday night though at the Troc. like a fox is a few of those guys from lenola, great south jersey band

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

hardwood floor wrote:

get out of the room!
my ppd ave is only 1.25 more than you, dude. :roll: chill. mets spring training ain't all that far off, right? relax. so are you checking out hayes caryll next weds night at wlc? it's all good, man. maybe someday you can hook me up with a 80min pollard mix cd and i'll rock it out, wha? no problem here. 8)

hardwood floor

Post by hardwood floor »

dcarter wrote:As what hardwood would likely call a 'lifer', I just want to say that i see no need for a GBV thread. Pollard talk in any thread is fie by me.
ok ... thanks!

i feel welcome now

Time Machines is the greatest fucking song ever

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

As what hardwood would likely call a 'lifer', I just want to say that i see no need for a GBV thread. Pollard talk in any thread is fie by me.

hardwood floor

Post by hardwood floor »

Blimps Go 90 wrote:I heard Farrar is a big fan of Alien Lanes by the way.......how bout that duo......Pollard & Farrar....that I'd like to hear.
i'm gonna see if there's a GBV thread so we don't piss off any more of the lifers ...

hardwood floor

Post by hardwood floor »

get out of the room!

Blimps Go 90

Post by Blimps Go 90 »

I heard Farrar is a big fan of Alien Lanes by the way.......how bout that duo......Pollard & Farrar....that I'd like to hear.