Got mine today...

mcarlton

Post by mcarlton »

Stetch-
I've actually been through Ashland WI. That is way up there, Eh? Jeez i was thinking it was a Milwaukee suburb then i checked the map. Went through it going from the Twin Cities to way up in the UP of Michigan. (Which I frequent usually every year). ok back on topic. Actually spent more time with the DVD so far. Fantastic. I will get to the CD soon.. Like tomorrow.

stretch

Post by stretch »

Meeting on Friday..Gig up in Bayfield on Saterday..come home Sunday AM and discover I've finnaly got mine. Worked out of my home office today and listened in the background all day.. Can't wait to crank it up...DVD next!!!

keith21

Post by keith21 »

My local record shop had it as well, picked it up yesterday. They said that the live EP isn't out till tuesday, however. Such a great sounding record, I can't get over the two new ones, Jay's just a genius.

gpchem

DVD comments

Post by gpchem »

Hey, that's me in the middle of the front row with the mullet, the thousand yard stare and wearing the I'm with stupid t-shirt.

But seriously, I was at the Slim's show and had no clue the show was being recorded. It looks like there are 3 different cameras, all digital -- right? Anyway, I had to leave after the first encore (the acousic set) and didn't get a chance to here the second encore. Much to my surprise, Lucifer Sam and Like a Hurricane were the songs of the second encore, and now I get to finally see them! The DVD does an excellent job of catching the feel of the show. It sounds like the audience is even more responsive than I remember.

Bigb

Post by Bigb »

Yea, I received mine yesterday and popped the DVD in first. It is really good! I've been listening to the cd this morning and it's very impressive. Heart on the Ground, Damn Shame and Like a Hurricane are the standouts for me.

mcarlton

Post by mcarlton »

The DVD is excellent. Not 5.1 but didnt expect that. It is sweet to be able to see jay play his songs live. As a guitar player it is even cooler. I was hoping for Voodoo candle on the DVD no such luck but it does have a number of great ones.. Vitamins, Damn Shame. Actually it is a bit weird, only 2 Terroir Blues songs on it.
Greenwich time
6 String Belief
California
Feel Free
Make it Alright
Damn Shame
Vitamins
Hanging on to You
Clear Day thunder
Lucifer Sam
Like a Hurricane

Was hoping for an All your might, Cahokian, Out on the Road(knew that wasnt gonna happen), Heart on the ground...

Dan

Post by Dan »

I'm watching the DVD right now, and at the risk of sounding like
a teenager, it's awesome to see Jay on my TV! As far as seeing the
crowd, it's so dark in the club that all you see are dark silhouettes, but
I'm only 3 songs into it.

B-bender

Post by B-bender »

Absolutely nothing, in fact paired with a trucker cap they seem to be quite the "in" thing this season.

(Next week I will be advising on the social situations where it is acceptable to wear a Hawaiian shirt)

cowboydown

Post by cowboydown »

hee, hee - what's wrong with mullets?

B-bender

Post by B-bender »

Uh-oh, do I sense the immenent posting of a "Hey, that's me in the middle of the front row with the mullet, the thousand yard stare and wearing the I'm with stupid t-shirt" message.

:wink:

cowboydown

Mosh Diving and Ass Grabbin'

Post by cowboydown »

One can dream. After all why else would ya want to be up front anyway--? besides that and in the hope of catching Jay diving into the mosh!

But serious all you quick draw DVD viewers let me know - it a vanity thing... :oops:

saratoga jay

olsen twins in flannel

Post by saratoga jay »

cowboydown wrote:Does the DVD show the audience at all? If so, where abouts: fronts row and/or the few back - stage left/center/right... just curious....
come on cowboy, who wants to see a bunch of screaming, wet, hot teenybopping high school chicks? it's all about the music :lol:

cowboydown

Center stage

Post by cowboydown »

Does the DVD show the audience at all? If so, where abouts: fronts row and/or the few back - stage left/center/right... just curious....

Godsownsinger

got mine

Post by Godsownsinger »

I got my copy today as well, my local record store said they have had it since last week! I guess the release info on this website is wrong? Anyways, great cd, the dvd is awesome too.. If you live in Dallas(Texas)
there is a good review of it in the Dallas Observer... 8)

sawyer

Got mine today...

Post by sawyer »

so far the highlight (on the CD) is Make it Alright. fantastic. have not watched the DVD yet. maybe after hockey.