Jay Farrar flipped me off - the real story.

tillotson505

Post by tillotson505 »

I'm pretty resilent - bring the pain.

trousersnakeandlarry

Post by trousersnakeandlarry »

I would be suprised if Tillotson505 ever posts here again after that brutal verbal beatdown.

calexico

Post by calexico »

Mark, do you need a hug?

Mark Spencer

Post by Mark Spencer »

Last edited by Mark Spencer on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tupelo Son

Post by Tupelo Son »

This is some.....

Bull mess....

Carry on Image

tillotson505

Post by tillotson505 »

I suddenly have the urge to post some Battle of the Network Stars clips.

calexico

Post by calexico »

tillotson505 wrote:HAP - you want this place relevant? Gonna need to find a way to dump Calexico.

It's the only way.

tillotson505

Post by tillotson505 »

HAP - you want this place relevant? Gonna need to find a way to dump Calexico.

It's the only way.

calexico

Post by calexico »

Christ, see what you gaydars have done now? You brought tillotson out of retirement. Now the place will stink up like a dead hooker.

Bob Weir

Post by Bob Weir »

Tim, my original post wasn't meant to be an apology, I had just seen enough people posting about it that I felt I'd just explain what happened, it wasn't meant to be an apology.

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

I coughed coffee on an old lady the other day in the store, difficult as she was. Got her fur coat and everything. Maybe Jay should take a lesson from that.

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

tillotson505 wrote:
farrarfan1 wrote:
tillotson505 wrote:About time we got some anger on this board. It's been entirely too civil since the election with too many cats. And Doug and Gdavis' fake fight doesn't count.

Hate away.
Fuck you and everyone that looks like you. There, how's that? :wink:
Ahhh Hoosier hate - some of the best hate out there.
They don't call it The Crossroads of America for nothing.

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

Wow, Bob... You've managed to insult Jeff Tweedy, Jay Farrar, *and* Mark Spencer now. You may as well now go ahead and shoot for the rest of the fabulous community of musicians who have made up Uncle Tupelo/Son Volt/Wilco/side projects, etc. along the way. Anyone have Heidorn's contact info? I'm afraid that your "apology," which btw actually further criticized Jay, has been overturned. You're digging yourself deeper, man.

Tim in the ATL

tillotson505

Post by tillotson505 »

farrarfan1 wrote:
tillotson505 wrote:About time we got some anger on this board. It's been entirely too civil since the election with too many cats. And Doug and Gdavis' fake fight doesn't count.

Hate away.
Fuck you and everyone that looks like you. There, how's that? :wink:
Ahhh Hoosier hate - some of the best hate out there.

HAP

Post by HAP »

oh sweet mother of god this has got to stop. i came here looking for show reviews and i'm four pages in to a soap opera thread about flipping people off in birmingham.

for months i've been away from this board because it's a small clique of regular posters making inside jokes, revisiting old threads, and otherwise having their own party. and that's perfectly, 100% cool with me. it's just not what i come here for.

a few weeks ago i caught wind of the tour, and i came here hoping to find some show reviews and links to media reviews. there's a little bit of that scattered about, but the main subject of course is The Middle Finger Incident.

i know...i can choose not to read. but it's frustrating and here's what i wish would happen: i wish that farrar, the band management, or a band member would take the slightest bit of time to keep this site (or the SV site) current. it's hardly rocket science to post some links and generate some discussion around what the band is up to. post some studio clips, youtube some performances, post a free song download, post media links to show reviews. this does not require IT wizardry, just a few minutes a day. it would make for happy fans and less tempest-in-teapot madness on this board.

and for goodness sake why weren't The Search extra tracks made available on a cd? but that's a different rant.

and for the record, if i were in birmingham i'd be flipping people the bird too. :wink: